Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Turbo 3g lude

ok sign'd new loan contract and money should be in account tonight , yeah . just placed my order with race engineering just waiting on a reply so i can pay them . engine builder has decided to go with 82mm pistons with a static C/R of 8.5:1 and a 0.050" 5 layer MLS head gasket from cometic which will be in the piston , rod kit . the spare crank has minor damage to the front where the balancer goes on and he's not that concerned as he will repair it . now fun part of getting the engine out yet again as the engine builder is waiting on now 2 things , main stud kit from current engine and balancer , bolt and key for the repair of the front . will be ordering new oil pump and water pump tonight and should have them in the next 2 weeks . b18 cam plug should be here this week/next week aswell . PROGRESS !!!!!!!

just ordered from oemacuraparts.com

brand new genuine
    : oil pump
    : water pump
    : water pump gasket
    : 12mm crank bolt
    : 12mm crank bolt washer
    : crank key

and just bought a new 600x300x76 bar & plate intercooler for $140 delievered as my current is baldly bashed underneath it . im just about to call race engineering and order my pistons , ring and rod kit aswell as my 82.5mm 5 layer 0.050" MLS head gasket . im so excited its not funny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30 mins later

$1215 US ................... later and im now the proud owner of a set of custom 82mm weisco pistons with a 8.5:1 C/R , CP ring kit and eagle billet H-beam rods ( as these are the only ones eagle make for the B20A5 ) and a cometic 5 layer 0.051" MLS head gasket shipped to my door . little bit more than i wanted to pay but worth every cent . my engine builder is going to be very happy with my shopping .

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Sweet man. I respect the way you pull every string to do this build so well!

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I may have overlooked it.. But has your block been re-sleeved?
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

na no resleeve , im using the spare stock block i have for the new setup mate . the b20a6 has steel sleeves and is a closed deck block , no real need fo a set of dartons .

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by phattzy View Post
    na no resleeve , im using the spare stock block i have for the new setup mate . the b20a6 has steel sleeves and is a closed deck block , no real need fo a set of dartons .
    Ah closed deck ofcourse.. Well with those sorts of power figures you shouldn't have any troubles there =P
    It's not 4x4 status, think of it as "Winter Mode".

ok some more diturbing pic's , no:4 piston failure , its pretty bad ! actually disgusting ! , this is what makes me believe its a JE Pistons / SRP Pistons fault . the damage / failure is local to only piston no:4 , pistons 3,2 and 1 are in very good contion for only 250km on them , the 5 layer MLS gasket is in brillant condition and no sign's of any detonation in any of the cyclinder chambers ( including piston no:4 ) all injectors were tested fine ( via ECU test function ) and have a current log from when last runninng and all working fine , i believe this piston was never forged properly and never went through a Q&A process by JE Pistons . i will be sending them a email and pic's and a very detailed discribtion on the 250km life on the pistons . its a shame but im not that upset over it as i have new weisco pistons and billet h-beam rods on the way and paying a engine builder to assemble the bottom end for me . the head has abit of metal thru it but ive just found that i have x2 spare sets of cams so i'll be giving the head a good clean tomorrow with a few tins of CO cleaner , including oil gallerys and ordering a new set of cam seals and valve cover gasket . heres some pics of the 1ST bearing failure and 2ND piston failure .

BEARINGS from rod no:2

PISTON

pistons 2 and 3

my new bar & plate intercooler arrived today and as ive almost run out of things to do to the lude while i wait for the internals , head gasket and oil pump to arrive i got stuck into mounting it and as i had a spare 3mm plate i got syuck into bending and shaping some nice looking brackets and the end result is something im proud of .

and yes the paint on the bonnet is FU*KED and will be getting a respray as soon as i have the engine back in and tuned , the wife asked if i was going to spray the greddy logo in the cooler and i said no but would be pretty cool with PHATTZY spray'd on it ? hehe . na im liking the way it look now .

top end finished and ready for assembled bottom end once built

some productive progress , noticed some pretty bad cracks at the back of the gearbox with the last pull and as i have a spare gearbox thought no better time to swap over rear housings and it gave me a chance to see how the inside was holding up with the edition to the DC2-R LSD , well it only has 250km to its name but im more than happy with the inside , clean oil , no metal , no rubbing , no marks , no play its all very healthy there and no with a new rear housing there is no doubt with the gearbox , drive line at all .i'll let the pic's do the talking

OLD

AND NEW

Looks brand new phattzy!

my pistons,rings,rods and MLS should be here today/tomorrow . got stuck into this on sunday

OLD

NEW

and with all the trimmings