Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Turbo 3g lude

the gates timing belt arrived today , now waiting on the cams

todays pick up

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    No word on the AEM timing gears dude...?
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

todays progress . need to file down the washers so they are nice and neat . got the drift oil filter as they were out in the k&n . exzactly the the same filter as both are magnetic and have some double filtration / micron ? and only running the best oil as it is race proven . and lucky last the dump pipe is that close to the sump the oil must boil ? not anymore . the cam gears are a special order from A.E.M. and the supplier will have them by the end of the month and then they will ship them .

cam gears will be here at the start of next month , waiting on A.E.M. to make them and ship . i'll have my bonus from work then and on the hunt for a 2s 90-91 3gen body to house this beast . getting close now fella's .

replaced front and rear main seals today . reseal up engine , added oil and turned over by hand first and then with high torque drill , have good oil pressure and flow from the oil feed line and good compression in all cylinders and NO LEAKS !!!!!!!! . all thats needed is install new cam gears and gates belt and engine is completed and ready to go . now time for gearbox/clutch and lsd .

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd Gen Prelude
    How has the auto trans held up. This is one of the resonds i aborted the t04e swap onto my prelude

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    How did the auto hold up?

Wait for Phatzy to confirm, but I think the word 'CRUNCH' just about covers it....! LOL

na the auto is fine NOTHING wrong with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it handled 10psi fine . if i was keeping the auto i would be installing a mfactory trans ecu for full programable shifting , stall convertor from dominator and large trans cooler with its only fan , and of course a LSD . but even with all that done there is no garantee it will handle 500+ fwhp . yet custom dog gear set / NCP soild button clutch with 1200kg pressure plate , FIDANZA Aluminum-Flywheel , helicol LSD on a 5 speed and there is light at the end of the tunnel with 30psi on the dial . well thats what is happening to the gearbox and driveline . but the auto still works fine and is still sitting in tha shed .

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Ahhh... So it was your ecu problem that was holding it in second...?

yeah pacster the auto has it own little ecu which is piggybacked to the main ecu . once i put the standalone ecu in i only had control over 2nd-3rd and overdrive . the 5 speed and full control .

the gates belt fits nicely

and my solid front mount