Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000

windscreen washer

Hi guys, my EG's windscreen washers are no good.

They have just enough power to almost make it to the windshield...

Anyone know why? I can't find a blockage anywhere, and there's plenty of water in the tank

edit: same goes for the rear one too, no love coming out of it

if u cant find a blockage then it may be the pump on the water container on its way out?

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    have you checked the actual jets that snap into your bonnet? these can often get blocked. Check all plastic fittings too, like joiners and splitters in the pipe.

I had low pressure on my ED and turned out the splitter piece was slightly cracked, so leaking water when washers were activated

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    Yeah i've poked a pin into t hem but i don't know if that'll help... or just push the sheet in further

poopy EG.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    if you have an air compressor remove the jet completely and blow compressed air into the bonnet side of the jet

Member Array
    maybe unrelated - or related
    if you goto a wreck and get the jazz squirter parts, (part that sits on the bottom) instead of spraying like a single jet, they spray in a convex like shape to cover the entire windscreen may be useful for you !

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    maybe unrelated - or related
    if you goto a wreck and get the jazz squirter parts, (part that sits on the bottom) instead of spraying like a single jet, they spray in a convex like shape to cover the entire windscreen may be useful for you !
    sweet. I wonder if they will fit in an ED bonnet. May check it out next time I'm at the wreckers

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    ah that's a good idea, i have those things on my FD too, they're awesome! Thanks for the idea.

Turns out my nozzles were clogged, and poking with a needle didn't do much... I now have one jetstream shotting all the wya to the end of my windshield, and the rest dribbling. The rear one still doesn't do anything either..

mowells.

If you have a air compressor, pop open your bonnet, look for hoses on your right, and use the air compressor and blow the hoses. i do this to mine, everytime my washer jets get blocked, its alot easier than using a pin

Member Array
    Car:
    2014 NSX
    Quote Originally Posted by aznstyler View Post
    If you have a air compressor, pop open your bonnet, look for hoses on your right, and use the air compressor and blow the hoses. i do this to mine, everytime my washer jets get blocked, its alot easier than using a pin
    thanks, aznstyler. repped, much easier than using a pin

but i guess if you dont have an air compressor you could always go to local petrol station and use there tyre pump. use the older tyre pump's the hand controlled ones not the auto one

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    your mother
    i will be doing this to my civic
    cheers aznstyler