Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    moto:CBR250R

faults with 95 dc2 integra?

Hi there, wondering if anyone would be able to tell my if my 1995 honda inetgra GSi has any factory faults?

and if the vtec (VTiR and Type R) gearbox will fit the Gsi engine?

Factory fault? Dont know.
    However the gearbox are different. VTI-R: Y80(No LSD) GSI: L3

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    The gearbox WILL fit but i have no idea why you would want to change it. Gsi box is pretty well suited to the motor i thought, DC2/DC2R gearing will be too short. U will be shifting to 3rd at only 70km/h with a Type-R box.

As for faults, not really. The gearboxed themselves tend to be pretty notchy, not too keen to get into 1st and reverse every now and then. IACV may require cleaning if u have a rough idle. Apart from that, just get used to the shaking and rattling if u plan on lowering/stiffening up ur car.
    Last edited by Tegzieboi_BAR; 27-07-2010 at 03:18 PM.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    yes will fit, but do u really wanna spend the extra $$ on type-R box , better performance wise but still engine is a gsi, rather look for a b16a vtir box better ratios and cheaper

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    moto:CBR250R
    oh right, i shall look into it thanks for that. i may even eventually get the Vtech motor. would it be worth turbo'in the vetch motor?? or would that just seem stupid ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, PP1
    ***VTEC.

If u wana boost u may as well keep the B18B... save yourself $5000-8000 on converrting the motor. I think u gotta do one or the other, unless u have too much money and dnt know what to do with it.
    Getting there...

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    Quote Originally Posted by sebastiandivita View Post
    oh right, i shall look into it thanks for that. i may even eventually get the Vtech motor. would it be worth turbo'in the vetch motor?? or would that just seem stupid ?
    Worth turboing a b16a or b18c? You can develop serious power. DOHC Vtec + boost = mayhem. You need to factor in at least $5K for turbo kit + ECU tune + (exhaust ?), not to mention engineer's certificate. IF you can afford that u will own an FWD missile. Remember honda's F1 engines in the late 80's-early 90's? Turbo VTEC.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    Car is 15 + years old, theres bound to be faults lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Sorry to jack the thread, but doesn't the Ls/V-tec transition involve putting in the V-tec head rather than the entire engine? I read elsewhere that doing that was just as reliable as swopping the entire engine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic, ITR, S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by act_gooner View Post
    Sorry to jack the thread, but doesn't the Ls/V-tec transition involve putting in the V-tec head rather than the entire engine? I read elsewhere that doing that was just as reliable as swopping the entire engine.
    Not only that. You need to buy an oil line to get LS VTEC running as B18B doesn't have this. You're better off turbo'ing a B18B because they can give some good output as well instead of doing a VTEC swap

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Integra
    Isn't a VTEC swop a lot cheaper though?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic, ITR, S2K
    Depending. Everyone has different opinions... I believe doing a full VTEC conversion is cheaper and less hassle