spray paint my rims black?

well i cant afford proper rims and i was thinking of spray painting them since they kind of have the shape of the rims i want :]. my car looks like this

rims look like these (white car is not mine)

future mods to my car:
    black front lip
    black sideskirts (just going to paint bit under door)
    type r wing if i get my hands on a cheap one :P (maybe painting black not sure yet, tell me what you think)
    black coloured bonnet
    future maybe list:
    front jdm style eyes using tint stuff
    small cannon exhaust (not big, just abit bigger xD)

i know it sounds like rice but i like that style. tell me what you think and give me some ideas if you got any

Account Disabled Array
    Car:
    R32 Skyline
    U can make rims look so much different just by painting them. I say do it. Would look nice. You can always change the color anyway if you dont want them black

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 VTi-R
    agree with above. go for it!

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    bulbasaur green/blue would look rad.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project
    yeah go black, even leave a silver lip or something. would look nice if you lower it aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    hey buddy there is a couple of diy's on the forums about spraying ya rims! have a search and you should find em.

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Do it, I did it to my last two cars. It not gonna be a professional painting but it is so much fun to re-spray rims and first of all it is your masterpiece lol

LMFAO at the end of the day your wheels are still goin to look shit no offense. painting em isn't going to change the fact that they still are ugly mags, they kinda even look like hub caps. they only thing painting it black will do is, at night, ppl wont see what rims you have unless they're close

my opinion therefore is no, leave it as it is, just dump the car, will make a huge difference
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

alright guys ima spray them black. when it gets sunny xD
    those ppl suggesting i spray it another colour? no! :] black is the best

Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec
    becareful when you do it! make sure you sand and primer it properly! i did mine a few months back, turned out really good, but i rushed the sanding and its started to chip/peel.
    matte black imo will look awsome xD if possible leave them to dry for about a week before putting them back on the car coz it takes long for it to dry nicely in winter!lol

also keep in mind that when u go to get new tires, they're going to scratch and chip the rims paint when removing the old tyre! i had to get my rim rerolled coz i hit a pot hole and they completely ruined the paint on my rims, ill probably respray them soon though. also, i heard engine paint is more durable compared to rim paint.. but i dono how true that is.

goodluck with it mate, take ur time
    Last edited by cihanvtec; 27-07-2010 at 12:47 AM.