Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    96 spec.
    '12 PWP Tree Hugging Machine
    '99 GPW S2000
    '99 CW DC2R

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Its well known fact DC2R is faster than S14 stock for stock, same story with DC5R vs S15 SpecR.... untill both modded, turbo will always come out ontop, and money for power as well...its jus that S14/S15 boys wont admit it....
    As for ITR against celica, two different cars for different markets, id say if your in market to blow like 18k or so, get celica purely cause its easier 2 live with... ITR for more hardcore peeps

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    get celica purely cause its easier 2 live with...
    .... ? lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota Celica
    Celica ZZT231 doesn't have LSD, sussy, bracing, recaros, etc that are on the DC2 ITR. DC2 VTiR doesn't have the 140kw engine of the ZZT231. So the 3 cars are similar (all 1.8L NA and ~$40K when new) but different combinations for comfort, handling and performance

For a local grassroots comparison in NSW supersprints Class 1B (only tyre/brakepad changes allowed) check out:
    http://jscc.asn.au

Australian GT Production car championship also had DC2 ITR and Celica ZZT231 racing in the same series but they have many more mods (only the engine must remain stock):
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Au...r_Championship

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by moey View Post
    well i can confirm for you guys i raced a toyota celica zr bout 2weeks ago in my stock vti-r with a dead tps sensor (throttle position sensor) there quick but no as quick as you guys think they are i got atleast a car on the thing going into third gear

so hope that helps your lil theory
    It's all down to the driver as well - you could have been racing someone who couldn't shift for shit.

Only way to make a definitive comparison is if you had a new car of each model - and raced them with professional drives of equal skill level.

There are too many factors to make a proper judgement when comparing 'random street dc2' vs. 'random street celica' with unknown drivers.

i dont get the point of this thread? so what? is dc2 vtir meant to be fast shit or something?
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Toyota Celica
    The closest you can get to a fair comparison is the Celica vs ITR at Eastern Creek (read it here on JSCC) and you'll see that they are similar.

Even though I own the said Celica, I reckon the ITR has more potential to go faster in stock form than the Celica. But my Celica is quite comfortable on the highway when I drive between Sydney and Canberra every month

Quote Originally Posted by *vtec-screamer View Post
    those drivers are professionals lol they are famous in Japan. so no, they aren't crappy drivers..
    how come they keep 'pinging' every gear though? strange

"Mitsubishi claim a 0-100 time of 6.7 seconds, and we achieved easy high sixes. In fact, even with the gentlest of launches and with two people in the car, the time to 100 was still in the low-mid Sevens - faster than a 225kW v8 Holden launched in the same way."

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_New-C...9/article.html

Naoki Hattori FTW =P
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter

Member Array
    Car:
    A piece of shit
    Quote Originally Posted by *vtec-screamer View Post

stock DC2 TYPE R 1/4 mile run and DC2 SiR (same as the DC2 VTi-R)
    What is the go with hitting rev limit for ages each gear?

Its lag in the video... Race drivers too fast for the camera XD
    Toda Racing AU | Shen * Speed Works | Jesse Streeter