Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mufflers!

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude

Question mufflers!

i'm a complete newbie to mufflers so this question gonna be kinda stupid

can any kind of muffler fit on my 92 prelude s? without sounding like its gonna choke and die! and would a civic vtir's muffler fit on a prelude?

reckon them ones on ebay that cost like $100 are any good? like the one with the volume adjust, silencer etc etc or the full titanium one for $250...

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    lol.. S92.. ye pretty much anything will fit...

even if a particular exhaust was designed for a certain model car... the muffler itself can be pretty much used on any car... unless its whacked!

Also, $100 muffler off ebay.... u get what u pay for...

Remember that

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Why chuck a civic muffler on a 2.2l lude, you will be going backwards. Ask GTR recaro on prelude australia as he sell cheap titanium mufflers.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    because the muffler i was looking at is a used 'trust' muffler that came off a vtir - not the stock muffler :P

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    PA died on my comp, it won't load... think i gotta wait til tomorrow to get on

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    it doesnt matter.. if the system was originally designed for a EM1 coupe...

its the muffler hes asking about... and any muffler can be used... considering this one is a Trust PE II muffler.. with ~ 2.25" inlet..

Member Array
    Car:
    EG6ish
    i bought an x-force lp01 off ebay for $100 - then i sold it for $125.. (x-force is ok... right?)
    im using a N1 style that i bought from egsi in the for sale section (traders)
    maybe have a look there

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    yeah xforce is alright.. from what I've heard...

Member Array
    Car:
    91' S2 Prelude
    whats the difference between 2.25", 2.5" and 3.5" inlets? which one be better? whats the trust PE II made out of and how issert compred with http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....513404506&rd=1 << is that any good?

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Quote Originally Posted by S92
    because the muffler i was looking at is a used 'trust' muffler that came off a vtir - not the stock muffler :P
    Well in that case it will fit. I thought you meant stock muffler. The inlet pipe should be the same as your piping so you should get a 2.25 inlet or else the sound might get too loud, 2.5 might be alright but 3 inch would be way loud.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    S92... all u need to know is that it is a TRUST muffler.. not a shitty $50 one off ebay...

2"-2.5" (NA application) - 3" (Turbo application)

nuff said..

Cheap crappy mufflers might sound good in the start of its life, but the sound quality etc will deteriorate after a while, because of lower quality materials and design.

xforce i've heard is pretty good value. Have a look at the replica mugen twin loop design. Sounds awsome!