Newcomer Array
    Car:
    94 accord EXi

engine swap 94 accord...

Hey everyone, just wondering what would be the best engine to put into my 94 accord without having to rearrange the engine bay. also what other parts am ii going to need to replace with performance parts.

Any feedback on your experences would be greatly appreciated to

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:

H22 from a Prelude. They came with them in Japan land.

Pretty much everyone has done it now lol

Like zillacles has said, H22A engine swap. Apparently it uses the majority of the same engine mounts. Its the most common engine swap for the CD5 accord. Theres a lot of interchangeable parts i believe which means its less of a headache when it comes to getting it all put together.

But i wouldn't honestly have a clue as i just read what i see. Hope someone out there that has already done the swap can chime in and give more info?

Other parts? So besides the engine itself, you'll want to have a look at the Intake system, then headers, then exhaust. I/H/E. I would suggest if you've got the f22b2 engine, then dont worry about spending any money on mods for that unless you're planning on boosting it. Just go straight for a h22a engine swap. Its quoted to have the best bang for buck in terms of stock power. And i recall at one point it was one of the fastest honda engines in one year, par the NSX. This was before the s2000 came out.

hope that set your mind on a h22a :P Get one!

Member Array
    Car:

With my OBD1 H22 swap, I had to get the powersteering line specially made. As in the bottom Accord line spliced with the top half of the Prelude line, right after the restrictor pipe ends. If you have to do this, do it BEFORE you put the engine in the car as it will be much cheaper. Also with the exhaust, had to use the Prelude downpipe/cat and weld to the Accord catback. I think poid has an almost complete guide up on OzAccord which should explain the rest.

how much will this cost all up including engine and gearbox or even new clutch etc. plus new timing belt and water pump etc while the engine is off the car... any ideas? thanks in advance..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    The cost to swap H22A engine is about 2,200- 3,000 depend on the condition and about 1,500- 2,000 installation.

Member Array
    Car:
    Gc subaru
    About 5k same prize as the car itself
    Quote oh dear ****ing lawd. my d*ck did more than move. it jumped out of my pants, and tore the fly open....

Good H22 's are getting harder to source. Alternatives are F20B (DESTROKED H22 HAS SAME HP REVS HIGHER) as used in BTCC Racing / h23 DOHC VTEC that was available in 98-2002 JDM accord wagon. Same Hp / more torque than h22.
    With these options you can expect Lower klm - basically the same procedure to fit as H22.

- Use your f22b1 wiring, they have internal coil. Run OBD-1 with p28 Chipped ECU.

Do a search & try to complete as much of the work yourself to keep costs down.

Another option, turbo your f22b1. They are good to about 15psi boost on stock bottom end.

Good luck its worth it