Integra need of alarm help!!!

hi guys, i have an 1998 integra and its got no alarm or immbolizer, so i went and bought one (its a warlock kg 800), the thing is i have no idea how to install one. i gave it a couple goes but went got lost =/ can anyone give me guides or tips on how to install one? i got all the tools i need and shit. oh and il even pay someone to install for me, but im trying to do everything myself atm.

thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    DA3->EK1->DC2->
    alarms can be simple if you have knowledge of electronics. but even then its worth paying a professional to install it for a correct installation. installation is usually $150 at a shop and cheaper if you know a weekend mecahnic.

Member Array
    Car:
    rolling shell
    basic alarm as above are around 1$50 mark to get installed. but for more advance one, your looking at $300-400.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2006 CL9 Lux
    Hey there.... I've installed a warlock remote locking kit on my 98 DC2 so hopefully I'll be of some assistance.
    First things first you will need the correct wiring diagram so you can identify the correct wire jacket colour and plugs. Do a bit of Googling and you should be able to find the full workshop manual for the car. DO NOT buy it off E-bay. If you can't find it PM me and I will e-mail it to you. You will definetly need a small torch for those hard to reach places, wirestrippers, pliers and a soldering iron.
    Be prepared to removed all of the interior of the car from the front seat belt mounts back, the front kick panels and the door skins. There are good how-to's for all of this on the US Team Integra website. The workshop manual will also show you how. You will need a socket set and screwdrivers for all of that.
    The instructions that came with my kit were not very helpful so you may find that you'll be doing a bit of trial and error. However for me finding the correct wire was not as difficult as mounting and the wiring for the solenoids for the drivers door and boot, as the only factory one is in the passenger door.
    I understand some alarms tap into the triggers for interior lights e.g. when you open one of the doors the main light in the roof comes on, and the one in the boot. If you take off the interior panel between the steering column and drivers footwell you will see just how much wiring there is, so be warned!
    Not sure what sort of immobiliser this alarm has... some can cut power to the fuel pump, some to the ignition... there are a few options. But you will have to find the correct wires to tap into obviously. You will also need to find secure mounts for the horn, and the alarm module.
    This website will give you an idea of the work involved http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com...gra/index.html
    Lastly this does not seem to me to be simple exercise for someone who doesn't do it for a living... It should be done properly the first time.
    Also someone more experienced than me may answer for you.... I thought it was an factory immobiliser was standard for the facelifted 98+ Integras? Mine has one.
    In my opinion pay a reputable installer to do it as they'll get it done alot faster!. However if you have some time and want to learn something new go for it!
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mnc View Post
    basic alarm as above are around 1$50 mark to get installed. but for more advance one, your looking at $300-400.
    awesome i got my mongoose M30 basic alarm system for $200 with installation =)
    _____ it dont matter if you win by an inch or a mile .... winning's winning _____