Thread: 2001 Civic??

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    ED9 CRX

2001 Civic??

Hey guys im thinking of getting a 7th gen 2001 civic. I was just wondering what kind of vtec engine swaps can be easily done to this car. I was thinking about swapping out the d17 and putting in a h22z or mayb even a k20.

any help would be greatly appreciated

cheers
    ktd

Engine swap and easy in a sentence scares me a bit :P You'll have to elaborate on how easy you want it to be :P.

The D17z1 (sedan) or D17a2 (hatch) engine are mounted differently from the K20 engines so they will require a custom mount. K20 faces the opposite direction. Hope that helps.

you can only swap an engine that is the same age or newer than the chassis's age. most of the time, its the k series that gets swapped into our 7th gens. they have been doing it for years in the states. my 2c, better off buying a car with a k20 already in it unless you want to be original. good luck with it!
    d e e p S i x [d6]™

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    SHU is right! With the prices of DC5R's and EP3 these days, there is no sense to do K20 swaps! end up spending more money!

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Do up the D17

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    H22 - no mounts made for the 01 civic, custom mounts would be a bitch price wise and not worth it.
    K20 - they do have mounts for the K20D17, and u do need a little fab work to the fire wall to fit the header.

if u really like the car and want to keep it long term id say go for it and be unique.
    if its for just a run about and ur 1st car and ur planing to upgrade in a year or 2 dont bother for the amount of $$ ur gonna spend on it.

i was contemplating on doing this as well but changed my plan and boosted it instead as it was a fair cheaper option.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1