Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I was equipped by Mugen Array
    Car:
    Lexus Soarer V8 GTLimited

Exclamation Report a Bad Post ?

Im just curious, does this little triangular function work ?

If someone reports a bad post, what happens to their concern and who reads it ?

and also, for those members who are banned, what priveledges do they have ? Are they able to read the forum topics or not ? Can they access their PM's ?

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    This is my understanding.

When a user reports a bad post, an email is sent to all the moderators and the Admin himself. And whoeva reads it first will take any necessary action.

And for those users who have been banned, they cannot access their account period! They will not be able to browse the forums under their nick/account, will not receive any notification of emails for receiving a Private Message (if user chose to enable this), etc. ie. No Privileges.

Hope this clears up any doubt.

Im just curious, does this little triangular function work ?

Yes.

If someone reports a bad post, what happens to their concern and who reads it ?

The "bad post" goes direct to a Mod here at Ozhonda. We recieve it as a message, and take appropiate action towards your concern.

and also, for those members who are banned, what priveledges do they have ? Are they able to read the forum topics or not ? Can they access their PM's ?

Since ive never been banned myself as a Mod i assume that any banned member simply cannot sign in until their username is cleared of the ban ( whether it be 1 week, 1 month or forever etc ) . They as a banned member cannot access private messages etc. They can however , read the forum as per a guest can. This means it is not wise to post up anything negative or bias about this person yes ? *negative posts against any person make youself liable to prosecution including nasty lawsuits so DONT say bad things about anyone ! *

We await for the Admin himself to tell the rules as they are

As above...

Member Array
    Car:
    135i & CBR
    another question... if someone got banned cant they just make another user name and return anyway?

Banned Array
    Car:
    Mud Crow
    yes

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    and then we ban him/her as well,

we have ways of detecting such actions. but there always is the BUT word

Car:
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    *negative posts against any person make youself liable to prosecution including nasty lawsuits so DONT say bad things about anyone ! *
    lol !

Thats exactly right Ben !
    I can go to town with a thread directed at me last week
    Last edited by Civic Type R; 31-12-2004 at 12:49 AM.

Honda resource for enthusiasts with all the latest news from Honda, downloads, media, photo albums, technical information and lots more!

Quote Originally Posted by Civic Type R
    lol !

Thats exactly right Ben !
    I can go to town with a thread directed at me last week
    True true....keep it on record for your future by all means. But then again what goes around , comes around - perhaps its best to be the more mature one and "turn the other cheek" so to speak. Besides, it is only teh intranet lol.

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    I think you guys have summed it up pretty good

Report post = Email to the moderators

Banned user = The user can login to the forum but after that he/she will not be able to view ANY forums or even check their PMs. They may send feedback via the feedback link and it will show them as being online, however they cannot even read what guests can read on the forums. Apart from that, they have the same access level that a guest has (provided they are not logged in).

Hope that helps

But yes.......the report post DOES work!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Car:
    yay !

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1, BB6, AP1
    Well we have established that this report a post does work but what about moderators? Do they work? I see some pretty harsh exchanges going on lately and you guys should of stepped into to stop it before it went on for ages. bad for the forum really. Like the Integra Type T thread. 7 pages and you guys really havent stepped in. No one really takes you guys serious so guys might want to start doing something to clean it up abit..

Just a suggestion.