Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sound system!!

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R

Sound system!!

Hey guys i was wondering if anyone has installed a sound system in their FD's and how much did it cost to install everything, by that i mean getting a new double din console replacement of the stock ones.
    i was thinking of getting an AUX input or either getting a new deck to replace the stock which do you think is better in terms of pricing.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    no point getting an aftermarket headunit without at least getting a sub. May as well ugprade your speakers too in all honesty. Sound systems are always costly and personally i find it difficult to choose the 'right' headunit as theres so many now and it really depends on what sort of functionality you want from it.

On another note - i am 99.95% sure this topic has been covered somewhere before I'm sure you can pull something up with a search dude

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    i did read the forums but it didnt really answer my question, oh btw i forgot to mention i already have a sub + amp and speakers, Because i want an AUX input i was qouted $187 for an I-simple ( IPOD/ AUX input connectivity) + $120 installation so all up its $307 excluding sub and amp installation ( assuming roughly anohter $120 for amp/ sub installation) so all up $427.

OR i was thinking of getting a new Head unit + face change console + amp/ sub installed. the face console alone costs $200 and im not sure if getting a new HU will require something else which would up the price bvut im pretty sure that the new (HU) will have everything ready for installation.
    Assuming all up face change $200, headunit $250, Sub/ Amp installed $120, total = $570

Also if anyone here has a used (Australian double din face console) for sale PM me thanks =)

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    u need the JDM double din fascia i think (its been a while since i last thought of fd sound system components).

I'd rather go with the headunit route and probably try spend more than $250 on it. I assume you're just after a single din in that price range then?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    oh ok yeh i was thinking of going the HU route too and was thinking of getting a double din HU ( JVC KW-AV60BT 6.1 Touchscreen Car Stereo) which will costs arnd $480,
    but yeh would be appreciated if you knew where to buy the double din fascia for cheaper? used or new doesnt matter unless the condition is good, strathfield is quoting for $200 brand new.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    you'l be looking at around 200 even if u buy the jdm version from jdmconcept or other suppliers. have you tried ebay?

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Hmmm ok ill try looking at ebay even though i dont trust ebay much but thanks for the help Black8thgen!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    someone +1 this guy

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2R
    Wow thanks alot lolmclol , its alot cheaper then RRP cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1 2010
    Dont get the first one off ebay from tradeworks. I bought one and it was hopeless. The brackets didnt fit properly at first. So I had to mod it to make them fit. Then the worst bit is that the A/C controls dont align properly with the cut out so one of the buttons were permanently pressed down after install. I shaved a bit of the cutout off to try to make it fit but it looked like crap and didn't make much difference.

In short don't buy those cheap ebay ones. I ended up getting a partial refund and buying the JDM one from JDMCONCEPT. perfect fit and no hassles.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    you can try
    http://www.civicdrm.co.nr/
    not sure if they are still selling. The site is by DRM and you will get quality products.
    I have bought 2 already from them (the japan ones).

Amp and sub install is easy. Have you got all the components and just need an install? Do you need tuning after install?
    Seeing you have a FD2, do you want to wire the controls to your steering wheel? Do you have 2-way or 3-way speakers? Do you have a sub box?

If you have all the components and the wires, simple install will be $300-$500 depending where/how you want your things installed.
    Last edited by liquid23; 07-12-2012 at 01:12 AM.
    FD Parts for sale
    http://tiny.cc/fdsale