Member Array
    Car:
    EG

Del sol for track?

Hey guys any idea what a del sol is like on the track? been looking at egs and integras n stuff but someone wants to swap me a del sol for my ek and im just wondering what they're like? Weight wise etc. Sorry if its been asked before i did a quick search but couldnt find much
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    1992 Del Sol
    HEAVY, no chance tracking that. good luck surviving. try elsewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    I dont see why not... u can track any car, it all comes down to how well you setup the car, Del So are light as... so theres a advantage right there.
    Disadvantage, there body isnt as rigid as Ek or Integras, cause of the open roof, so you will need to stiffen the chassis as much as you can, even adding a roll cage!

Quote Originally Posted by SuiJin View Post
    HEAVY, no chance tracking that. good luck surviving. try elsewhere.

Umm , where do you get off stating anything like that ? What weight is a De sol ? Have you owned one and tracked ?

One would think - that the del sol would be a good base for a track car. Alittle extra weight over the same car except a hatchback and extra built in reinforcement ( bracing etc in the rear)

The main reason we dont see too many del sol track cars ( or at the track ) is because of the sterotypical audience/driver/owner of such cars. And , that chromies arent good at teh track.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Lol useful information thanks guys! I still wish i could sell my EK and find a nice EG, but at the moment I'm only a dreamer
    SunCoast Hondas

track your EK. why sell for an eg. EK can be made into a track weapon as well
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    agreed... almost any car can become potent track weapon
    Dont stress about getting another car for track, eks are pretty well suited for the track, jus a few suspension mods, brake pads, an good tires, an your set.

And plus, theres more parts for Ek than Delsol

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Yeah i know and agree with this however my current financial situation requires me to sell my car as my traineeship runs up in the next couple of weeks and there's a good chance my employer might not keep me, and i still have massive debt from buying my civic haha >< so i have to sell mine, put half the money into the debt n half into a new car so unfortunately i cant keep my EK
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    well in that case, id be more leaning towards getting a eg civic, over delsol... delsol in my eyes, the cheaper version of S2k, as its a 2 seater, an pretty much a open top... id say go for eg for a track car over delsol.....
    Last edited by mugen_ctr; 04-08-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    well in that case, id be more leaning towards getting a eg civic, over delsol... delsol in my eyes, the cheaper version of S2k, as its a 2 seater, an pretty much a open top... id say go for eg for a track car over delsol.....
    Thanks bro I'm leaning towards it and I'm not going that way any more the dude swapping me the Del Sol wouldnt go enough money my way haha so I'm not gonna do it. All i gotta do now is sell the EK, easier said than done though
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Lead
    Wait, your signature says you have a B18C EK?

If so then that is not a bad place to start building a track car.. Far better than a Del Sol IMO. How about a few suspension mods and some semi slicks to get you started?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Quote Originally Posted by qstoria View Post
    Wait, your signature says you have a B18C EK?

If so then that is not a bad place to start building a track car.. Far better than a Del Sol IMO. How about a few suspension mods and some semi slicks to get you started?
    Thats the whole reason i bought it, however as i stated above the car will have to be sold if my workplace does not decide to keep me, because im only on a traineeship atm and it runs out in a month, otherwise i wouldve done exactly that by now
    SunCoast Hondas