Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9

Is it worth it putting some mods on and auto prelude 5th gen

well i got a 5th gen prelude , at the moment i got a aem v2 short ram intake that i got for free i bought stock wheels and took of big gold rims on it before and i just recently bought xforce headers , but is it worth it since my cars auto and i dont know people suggested to just sell it off and buy a manual but this cars is my baby and i dont know.. i was planning on getting a catback exhaust and lowering my car to top it off .. so what do you reckon

No.

On a car designed for the daily lazy traffic drive or shopping etc - any modification will surely take the cars performance backwards.

You see - the biggest holdback with the car
    is it's transmission. It's made for ease of use not performance in any way.

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Just sell it and buy a manual if you're really keen on turning the car into a better performing vehicle.
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    yeh probably i just need the dosh now im broke as

who cares just do it LOL. your car who cares what others think. id personally just spend it all on cosmetics (like i did on my auto bb6) rather then any performance. but if you want to do it, although probably be a waste of money. id lower it, lip kit, fogs, visors, better rims then (Y)
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 VTi-R
    Agree with above. I wouldn't mod it solely on performance, a bit of a waste imo.
    I also personally think that a full cat back is a waste on a NA. Each to their own huh.

a while ago i took my car for a dyno run. 106kwatw stock.
    someone with a 5th gen + intake/exhaust/cams did 104 or something. maybe his car had problems i don't know lol..
    is an auto supposed to dyno less than the manual?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    lols i guess prob wont get the cat and save money on just lowering it and front lip and side skirts and stuff i got a full system though alpine dvd player and all

auto dyno less then manual yes. from what ive seen, not quite sure why, i just assume its wieght of car and gear ratios

It's because the auto transmission itself is far more complicated than a manual and saps
    more power thru it's useage.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    do you guys know where i can get cheap rims but good looking (y)

cheap rims dont look good LOL