Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HID Kit type?

HID Kit type?

What kit type should i be looking for on my 3rd gen?

Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Something like: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200501467858 I would imagine.
    Couple of other sellers if you search, looks like the same replacement for the sealed lights, just with different HID kits.

Is there anyway to get just the bulbs or is the full kit needed?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    1. Only selfish dickheads run HID kits in halogen reflectors.
    2. 3rd gens have sealed beams. You don't replace the bulb, you replace the entire glass beam unit.

Point 2 only refers to the stock lights. Maybe you already replaced the sealed units with regular halogen replacements (original ones should be well dead by now)? If so then you just need to buy a kit for whatever bulbs your replacements use (probably H4's), however don't forget point 1. Running HID's in halogen reflectors means no proper cut off, so you get glare going everywhere, which means you either piss off other drivers or aim them down at such an angle that you lose distance. Probably the linked kit is using halogen projectors, however it should be much better than reflectors. Other option is to fit lights from something else. Seen some nice conversions with twin projectors.

Yea i planned on getting the full kit just had no idea how HID actually worked, not likes its overall expensive for a new kit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Odyssey
    I don't wish to be a selfish dickhead, so what should I do to convert a 4th Gen Odyssey from Halogen to HID?

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Buy the parts from the Luxury model (lights, washers, auto leveller, etc.) and install them.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Odyssey
    Yes, I suppose that the simplest way of doing it. I expect that the parts will be expensive. Do you know a good supplier with reasonable prices?

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    I have HID's in my EK, reflector housing..... I just aim the beams low so it doesn't glare oncoming drivers, ive never been highbeamed and been driving with them for over a year.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    Well I did say or aim them down at such an angle that you lose distance. So whilst you might not be pissing off other drivers, you can't see as far as when running stock halogens aimed properly. Guess that makes it more of a vanity thing?

Monkey would definitely not run HID's in stock reflector housings... More of a piggsy thing to do.

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    As much as they are aimed down, I can see about 2 or maybe even 3 times more far than my normal halogen bulbs and 100X much brighter aswell.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    '96 Prelude VTi-R ATTS
    If you were looking at X deg spillage, then you would have to aim them X deg lower. If you are aiming them X deg lower, then how can they shine further? The beam might be much brighter, but it will still hit the road sooner, thus reducing the distance it lights up. Maybe you just got lucky with your reflectors? Certainly not all halogen housings are as bad as each other.