Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch

Boost controller wound all the way down still highish boost

sorry about so many questions i truely am a turbo noob. i tried a google search but couldn't word it very well and didn't find anything.

i have a turbosmart boost T wound all the way down (anticlockwise) because the car is not tuned and haven't got injectors. but the boost is still creeping up towards the 10 psi mark before 5000 rpm(probably more if i dont get off the accelerator)

the turbo is internally gated and is a gt2530

is there something else special you have to do with the internally gated turbos to help lower the boost pressure.

thanks for the help
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    maybe u have the lines on the boost tee the wrong way around???
    or
    the actuator is jammed shut/fuked...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    the boost controller has an arrow pointing to the wastegate so its impossible to get it mixed up.. is there such thing as springs in internal gates? or is that external only. someone mentioned that it might have a higher rate spring in it.

any way to test to see if it is jammed shut?

cheers
    FIGJAM

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    Your boost controller will only let the boost as low as the wastegate tells lets it. ie, if you had a external WG with a 10psi spring. The lowest you can set it is 10psi (spring pressure) and then you can use the boost controller to increase from there on.

Same goes with an internal gate.

To adjust an internal gate, you need to adjust the actuator arm so it opens the gate earlier.

Either that or its boost creep, or as you said WG flap jammed. What is your setup? Manifold? Log? Ramhorn?
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    uhh log i think.. pretty noob. the rod on the actuator is adjustable so ill give that a go.. thanks for the info ill keep you updated
    FIGJAM

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    MV Agusta F4
    If you know know. I wouldn't be messing with it. Let your tuner do what hes hired to do.
    Deano.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    ok to easy, going for a tune once the injectors come.

cheers
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    pretty sure the GT2530 is only a baby turbo, doubt the turbo gate is more than 10PSI
    Make sure you have the hose on the gate is to the throttle body or somewhere close it can get a proper boost reading

THe way you test a internal gate is use a air gun on the Tee and see if it moves the arm
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    aight to easy will have a look
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    wound the actuator rod back a couple rotation and its perfect now. thanks for the help guys
    FIGJAM

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Dont blow the bloody thing up before its tuned and you've taken me for a drive mang :P
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    i wouldnt even try to do the break in phase without car being on a dyno, it would take like 10min to input safe timing for your ignition and get fuel in the ball park to get your kays up.

but if you havnt built the engine, i wouldnt even drive it until i have the setup complete and a very safe reputibel basemap to drive you to the tuner only.

tuning is the most important part of any build.

its bad that people cheap out on that stuff... bite the bullet and buy hondata or some shit all u peeps with afc 's and stuff lol