Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    Quote Originally Posted by jkz View Post
    well, pretty much just want some pull, probs maybe enough to keep up with other standard turbo cars? eg: skyline or so?
    i keep up with standard and mildly modded skylines already... and im N/A B16A also been up against many VZ Sv6's and hav pulled away with tools in the car lol

im lookin at turbo also... need more pull down the straight at lakeside lol
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4K24
    disco potatos a bit large to be used on a standard motor works more efficiently pushing out 14psi rather than 8 or 10
    Vince

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    Disco potato is perfect for b16s & b18s
    GT28R is abit small
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05 6MT
    any more help?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    any more help?
    what do you want to know? if you already have the b16, stick with it, i dont think its worth the extra effort/money of a engine swap for a small increase. stock b16 is more than enough for street
    best to list what you have/plan to do or your budget n go from there.
    NEW hondata s200. Melb only

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05 6MT
    well ive got a ek4, engine is getting its age there so i was thinking of changing engine or diong a rebuild, not sure about which engine i would go and i also wanted to turbo it for fun =D lol
    the power range would probs be between 140-160 kwatw mark? need to know what i need to doo asin make the engine last and keep it healthy, keeping in mind that the engine that is going in will be built?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    well ive got a ek4, engine is getting its age there so i was thinking of changing engine or diong a rebuild, not sure about which engine i would go and i also wanted to turbo it for fun =D lol
    the power range would probs be between 140-160 kwatw mark? need to know what i need to doo asin make the engine last and keep it healthy, keeping in mind that the engine that is going in will be built?
    firstly what makes you think your engine is on the way out?blowing smoke, burning alot of oil or just high kms? you can always get a rebuild kit and rebuild your b16a or strengthen the internals to safely run more boost.. choice is upto you. just remember changing your engine for another 2nd hand engine is still a gamble cos you dont know the full history of that engine
    140-160 is easy to do with a standard b16a alot of the guys on here are using stock motors. a good manifold that wont fall apart on you, good turbo to suit your needs and good tune.. other things arent as important. you should reach your target easy
    as for keeping your engine healthy, service it regularly and it comes down to your tune

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo View Post
    firstly what makes you think your engine is on the way out?blowing smoke, burning alot of oil or just high kms? you can always get a rebuild kit and rebuild your b16a or strengthen the internals to safely run more boost.. choice is upto you. just remember changing your engine for another 2nd hand engine is still a gamble cos you dont know the full history of that engine
    140-160 is easy to do with a standard b16a alot of the guys on here are using stock motors. a good manifold that wont fall apart on you, good turbo to suit your needs and good tune.. other things arent as important. you should reach your target easy
    as for keeping your engine healthy, service it regularly and it comes down to your tune
    well, the car has alot of k's on it and i would like to have it for a while aswell once im done with it, with the rebuild what would i need to doo? forged pistions, rings, and all the head work like cams, srpings valves etc? also if i turboed it would it cut out vtec as i heard from one of my freinds, he was telling me that it cuts out vtec but that would be for a bigger turbo wouldnt it?

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    well, the car has alot of k's on it and i would like to have it for a while aswell once im done with it, with the rebuild what would i need to doo? forged pistions, rings, and all the head work like cams, srpings valves etc? also if i turboed it would it cut out vtec as i heard from one of my freinds, he was telling me that it cuts out vtec but that would be for a bigger turbo wouldnt it?
    -there should be a few different rebuild kits out there, most are only for oem specs.. which is fine for what you want, no need to jump straight onto forged parts, if you can get a set of upgraded cams and valve springs.. that wouldnt hurt aswell.
    -turbo and vtec work very well with each other.. theres a few members here that run b16a turbo's without disabling vtec.
    -the size of your turbo will depend on boost/power/spool/lag times etc. which will effect the cars driving ability. you'd probably want something smaller n quicker to spool so you'll hit full boost quicker as you dont need to push it to the end to get the speed.. personally most of the time i only push it to ~6-7k, anymore it just fries the tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 05 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Limo View Post
    -there should be a few different rebuild kits out there, most are only for oem specs.. which is fine for what you want, no need to jump straight onto forged parts, if you can get a set of upgraded cams and valve springs.. that wouldnt hurt aswell.
    -turbo and vtec work very well with each other.. theres a few members here that run b16a turbo's without disabling vtec.
    -the size of your turbo will depend on boost/power/spool/lag times etc. which will effect the cars driving ability. you'd probably want something smaller n quicker to spool so you'll hit full boost quicker as you dont need to push it to the end to get the speed.. personally most of the time i only push it to ~6-7k, anymore it just fries the tyres
    lets say, the setup i want would be like, quik spool, then when the cross over happens massive pull? lol, i just want to be able to pull away very fast, so i was thnking having a smaller turbo with faster spool? what setup would be that, also wanting to build the engine to make it stronger so it would last alot longer because after im done i would be planning to keep this for a while....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondas suck <3
    surely an NA b18 in an eg chassis can keep up with stock-slightly modded skylines already right??

anyway

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...dem-Warning%29

theres your answer on what u can do with a b16a

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX SiR turbo
    lets say, the setup i want would be like, quik spool, then when the cross over happens massive pull? lol, i just want to be able to pull away very fast, so i was thnking having a smaller turbo with faster spool? what setup would be that, also wanting to build the engine to make it stronger so it would last alot longer because after im done i would be planning to keep this for a while....
    im prob not the best person to talk to about picking the correct turbo, just read through other ppl's build thread n see what they used and experiences.
    with mine, i get full boost by ~4-4.5k n pulls hard til the end, vtec will cross over about ~5.5k. the smaller the turbo, the quicker the spool, but might run out of puff towards the end of your rpm range. you can do other things to help reduce lag eg. manifold design, cooler piping size n lengths, size of cooler

how long do you plan on keeping it? ive had mine stock b16a boosted for just over 4yrs n its still going strong, if your tune is good, you dont have anything to worry about.