Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Yeah the whole point of the build is to get more power and to build something that can take a bit more of a beating.

New clutch and flywheel is standard when rebuilding or dropping in a new motor, unless it was recently changed. That's how I always do things.

As for engine mounts, I broke the stock one within two weeks of owning the car. Maybe it was old and brittle, or maybe I should double clutch more often when downshifting at high speeds and try not to 'chirp' 3rd LOL.

I can buy an oem vrs kit for less than 300, nothing wrong with oem seals, except for the cam seal

The way I see it is to do something once and do it properly, there's no point cutting corners just to save money.

If I can find a healthy B16B for a reasonable price, I'll go down that path... Less hassle
    If not, it's a fresh build with mixture of oem and good quality aftermarket parts.

I don't want an 18 or 20 block because I'm not going to the effort of obtaining engineer's certs and doing it all 'by the book' so to speak.

At the end of the day, it's my daily, so as long as it can take a thrashing I'll be more than happy.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Fair enough.

Where can you get an OEM VRS kit for $300? I want to know for my build.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    depends how long u wanna wait, jdm concept have them for about $300-$330 shipped from memory, they in nsw. Can get cheaper off a mate of mine. Where can you get the b16a blocks for $200 from lol?

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Have seen them for sale in the private sales section, as low as $130 (probably without internals, of course). I reckon I can find one locally and maybe stock internals also if you want me to try.