Member Array
    Car:
    EG4

Using DC2R gearbox

Hi,

Just wondering, for EG hatch, running B18C sir-g - what else would be necessary to run the JDM B18cR S80 4.7 LSD gearbox. For example, I'm running DC2 wheel hubs at the moment. Would I be able to use the JDM type R 36mm driveshafts or not? I would've thought no because the outer diameter of the spline would be bigger?

That was really my main concern, I'm pretty sure everything else is just a bolt on affair.....right?

thanks guys

everything is bolt on buddy, u can use ur current driveshaft that your using with the ITR GB

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    would the 36mm JDM DC2R driveshafts be any better at transferring power to the wheels?

i understand that it will carry extra rotational mass, however i would assume that more torque can be put through these shafts.
    the aim for this engine is a 40% power increase so i would like to address the driveline before hand.

but coming to think of it, i'm guessing a bigger driveshaft locknut will mean bigger splines and hence 36mm won't fit DC2 32mm hubs.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9
    You answered your own question..................
    "Understeer you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by MM89 View Post
    would the 36mm JDM DC2R driveshafts be any better at transferring power to the wheels?

i understand that it will carry extra rotational mass, however i would assume that more torque can be put through these shafts.
    the aim for this engine is a 40% power increase so i would like to address the driveline before hand.

but coming to think of it, i'm guessing a bigger driveshaft locknut will mean bigger splines and hence 36mm won't fit DC2 32mm hubs.
    you know the actual driveshaft diameter is the same between 32 and 36mm?
    b/k axles have same diameter, d axle is smaller by 1.6mm in diameter.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Member Array
    Car:
    EG4
    So essentially it's just the bigger spline and driveshaft lock nut?

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by MM89 View Post
    So essentially it's just the bigger spline and driveshaft lock nut?
    yes. but the joint might have bigger bearing? im not sure.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre