Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cost of lowering 2-2.5"

Just wondering what kind of cost lowering my prelude this much I'm looking at.
    I'm also rolling on 18"s is this a wise lowering level?

It really depends how much you WANT to spend. Coilovers is the best way and can be done for $1300 and up. This kind of money can get you a decent set of BC coilovers that's height and damper adjustable. The worst method is king springs over stock shocks for about $300. There are also many combinations of aftermarket shocks and springs to look into like Koni yellows for about $1100 plus a set of eibach springs for 4-500. What's your budget?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK project
    chopping/compressing springs would be the worst, ive smacked my head on the ceiling plenty of times going over bumps with them

Wasn't really looking to spend over a grand, a decent set of springs and shocks I was mainly going for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman2233 View Post
    Wasn't really looking to spend over a grand, a decent set of springs and shocks I was mainly going for.
    You probably won't find springs AND decent shocks for under 1k unless you go second hand. Unless someone has some recommendations?

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    to op ; I think pedders sells $50 for a spring. Lowered or not, custom lowered or what not still same price. So u'll be looking at $200 for brand new springs + $200 for labor + $50 wheel allignment on all 4.
    all up $450. But if you lower your car there, you have to book a week in advance so they can order the springs for you

The above information was quoted at Australia's Best VERSACE at roselands, canterbury road, Sydney

*DLO01 edit* removed advertising
    Last edited by DLO01; 15-08-2010 at 11:51 AM.

just find second hand coilovers for the bb6 or koni shocks+springs

there are heaps for sale on preludeaustralia.com last i checked

going under a grand i think for the KYB shocks + springs or the the koni ones...
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSX View Post
    The worst method is king springs over stock shocks for about $300.
    My 5th gen prelude has been running on King Springs low for 2 years. No problems at all for daily driving and some spirited driving. The drop is 1.5" and leaves a 1.5 to 2 finger fender gap on stock wheels.

It was $400 installed at Ozzy tyres

Member Array
    Car:
    BB6 VTi-R
    If you're not lowering much, stock shocks with after market springs are perfectly ok. Won't be very comfortable but I don't think that would be an issue.
    Second cheapest option after compressing and chopping. Wouldn't recommend that.
    Last edited by dness; 07-08-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo

I found some secondhand KYB shocks and low king springs for $150

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    makita one way lowering kit

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey View Post
    makita one way lowering kit
    LOL One way adjustables... DOWN!
    Problem?

FFamily