dc5r catalytic converter

hey guys, just looking for some suggestions on what cat i should get if i have a kiddracing krusher headers, and a toda-cat-back; could i get some suggestions on what size cat (either 2.5" or 3") too.

Thanks.

Btw this is for a dc5r

Member Array
    Car:
    shooting star
    hello tuan em.

is the headers 2.5" collector? what size is your catback? 2.5" or 3?

if you have a 3" cat back then go for a 3" cat.

if you have a 2.5" catback. you'll need to get 2.5"

if your headers are 3".. and your catback is 2.5"... then change your catback to 3" and get a 3"cat.

kinda make sense ?

and if you can afford it. get a SARD cat. =) awsome gains.

lol thanks babe

yeah the headers are 2.5" collector i just checked it up... but i don't really know what the size of my today cat back is... lol

Member Array
    Car:
    CT9A
    running the same kiddracing headers with 2.5" cat recommended by hakan at performance exhaust 3" was too damn loud

Member Array
    Car:
    05 Integra DC5 type-S
    In terms of width of the catalytic converter performance wise, its not the most important factor.
    Width of it, it is ideal for mainly fitment purposes, just match your catback sizing. Going oversize (ie 3" catalyst, 2.5" catback piping) is ok.

The Cell/inch rating is what will decide how it flows really. Stock cats range from 400-600cell/inch which have tiny holes as there are more holes per any given space, and will restrict flow with the aim of minimizing emissions as a priority. For racing or performance orientation without care of legality of emissions, 100cell will be ideal. Good brands for 100cell metallic cats include xforce and metal cat.

100 cell cats of a well cylindrical design will barely affect exhaust gas flow compared to running no cat at all. The actual pitch and volume of your exhaust will be dependent on other factors (catback, headers, engine mods) rather than the catalyst.

This is, if you're talking about whats best for performance