Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO

Quality niggles with new Euro

I have been a little bit disapointed in the quality of my 2 month old Euro.

In the first week,it had to have its left front door seals replaced becaues of rattling.

It was meant to have a new drivers seat fitted,as my origional one had creases in it after a very short time.I only weigh 73 kilos,so am NOT a big guy...lol.

Anyhow,it went in on Monday,the seat took 3 weeks to arrive,and after waiting 3 hours,I was told the cover was correct,but the cushion was not correct,so am now waiting another 2 weeks.

A rattle coming from Right door/B pillar/roof area.
    Service advisor heard it driving with me,showed it to technician,but still seems to be there after working on it for half a day.

Coming out of a Volkswagen Jetta,I expected the quality to be just as good,if not better,as Jetta was built in Mexico,Euro is built in Japan,,,but I dont think that makes any diffirence.

Has anyone had excellent service from any of the Melbourne dealerships in the South Eastern suburbs ???

I dont want to namr my dealer,as they have at least been plesant to deal with.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

PS I do love my car,and hope it is going to be a long term one,without any more annoying small issues,but HELLO,I did not buy a cheap Kia.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by antony View Post
    I have been a little bit disapointed in the quality of my 2 month old Euro.

In the first week,it had to have its left front door seals replaced becaues of rattling.

It was meant to have a new drivers seat fitted,as my origional one had creases in it after a very short time.I only weigh 73 kilos,so am NOT a big guy...lol.

Anyhow,it went in on Monday,the seat took 3 weeks to arrive,and after waiting 3 hours,I was told the cover was correct,but the cushion was not correct,so am now waiting another 2 weeks.

A rattle coming from Right door/B pillar/roof area.
    Service advisor heard it driving with me,showed it to technician,but still seems to be there after working on it for half a day.

Coming out of a Volkswagen Jetta,I expected the quality to be just as good,if not better,as Jetta was built in Mexico,Euro is built in Japan,,,but I dont think that makes any diffirence.

Has anyone had excellent service from any of the Melbourne dealerships in the South Eastern suburbs ???

I dont want to namr my dealer,as they have at least been plesant to deal with.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

PS I do love my car,and hope it is going to be a long term one,without any more annoying small issues,but HELLO,I did not buy a cheap Kia.
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune...

I have owned Honda cars for 20+ years over a range of models (Civic, Accord, Odyssey, Integra and CRV). In general, Honda cars are very reliable as they don't tend to suffer from systemic failure of the electrical systems or engines. There are a few models (eg. early Accord V6 and Jazz CVT) which have gear box problems but these are few and far between. It is the real life reliability that has me glued to Honda since I bought my first car.

That said, sometimes there are a few niggling problems with new Honda. However, once the niggling problems are fixed, they don't usually come back. My 2010 Accord Euro Wagon has the following niggling problems:

- Doggy battery after 2 weeks of ownership
    - Wiper rubber replaced after first week of ownership
    - 3 door speakers replaced within 6 weeks of ownership (known issues with dodgy speakers)
    - Front passenger side seat electrical wire not tucked away properly at factory.

The problems have now all been fixed and I expect years of trouble free motoring !!
    Last edited by limleong; 08-08-2010 at 05:48 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Limleong,thank you for that,its encouraging to hear.

I specifically wanted a Japaneese car,as have had 6 previous cars,and they have all b een European.

I know how good Toyotas are,but even they have had lots of major issues lately,and I could just not fall in love with a Corolla,Camry ,or Aurion the way in which I fell in love with the Euro.

It really is a beautiful car.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    By the way,I would LOVE to see photos of the new Euro wagon,as we do not,and will not get it here.

Is the Euro popular in New Zealand ???

It has been a massive success here,outselling the normal daggy Accord.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    By the way,I would LOVE to see photos of the new Euro wagon,as we do not,and will not get it here.

Is the Euro popular in New Zealand ???

It has been a massive success here,outselling the normal daggy Accord.
    The Euro is far more popular in NZ than the US based Accord as well. NZ is such a small market that Honda NZ only brings in the the top spec V6 US Accord which almost guarantees that the V6 Accord is not a big seller. In contrast, the Euro Accord has base model righ through the top spec Luxury Navigation model.

I love the Euro Wagon having come from a CRV. Picture of the Euro Wagon can be found here:

http://www.honda.co.nz/site/new_cars/index.html

The Euro Accord has been voted as the most reliable new car by UK Which Consumer Magazine in 2009. I am sure your Euro will serve you well for years to come as all my Honda have
    Last edited by limleong; 08-08-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Thank you,its beautiful.
    What a pity its not on sale here,Honda says it would steal sales away from the CRV and Odyssey.

Would be strong competition for cars like the Mazda 6 wagon and VW Passat Variant.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    ashamed to hear that all those things occured in a 2 month old euro...
    but very surprised to hear that those things occured too,

my euro was bought around May this year, so it's been about 3 months, and i haven't had one problem!
    probably the only problem i've encountered with it is probably the delayed throttle response when i floor the acceleration pedal, but i know that's normal.

but very sorry to hear all those things happened to you.
    I'm also in Melbourne, and i get my euro services at Yarra Honda in Collingwood, they provide excellent services there.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Try Garry Warren and Smith off princess hwy. I have had nothing but good experiences from them (at good prices too)! I'd highly recommend them.
    I have also tried Astoria Honda, but they seem a bit arrogant. Eastern Honda (Doncaster) gave my mate a heap of trouble when he got his car back from being serviced smelling like petrol had been spilt inside, so I have been put off them.

The niggling issues are the worst, worse than big issues imo. Usually no one cares about the small issues but you, it's frustrating... I know!

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Thanks Guys.
    I dealt with Yarra and GWS Honda,as well as Robert Lane and John Blair...but bought from Astoria,as they were very aggressive with their pricing.

I hated dealing with John Blair,but they are the most convenient for me,and I have heard very good ?

Had my car detailed today,so it looks fantastic,and for the last few days has been as quiet as a mousse,but am still waiting for my new seat.

Will let you know when it arrives.

And I agree,the little thing definatly annoys me more than the major ones...lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Its booked in for its new seat on Tuesday.
    For 2 weeks,rattle gone...BUT back last night.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    It better get sorted out,or else next year I am back to VW for the new Jetta.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    For your door rattle, try resting your hand on where the power window switches are. If the rattle goes away, then it is just the screw that is holding the switch module to the arm rest trim being a bit loose. Happens on the previous CL9 Euro.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Its booked in for its new seat on Tuesday.
    For 2 weeks,rattle gone...BUT back last night.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
    It better get sorted out,or else next year I am back to VW for the new Jetta.
    Anthony,

Sorry to hear about your rattling noise coming back. Defintely go back to the dealer, I suspect they may not have installed it properly. In March this year, I have my CRV bottom cushion replaced under warranty due to a collapsed cushion. The tech has to dismantle the seat to fit the new cushion. No rattling noise what so ever after the fix. In NZ the big Honda dealers are all owned by Honda Corporarte and the tech are all Honda trained. It does make a difference based on the skill of the Tech.

Don't give up too early as I personally did not experience any seat rattlling across 7 different honda models.
    Last edited by limleong; 24-08-2010 at 06:17 PM.