Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by Irving View Post
    No Disrespect intended but I believe that "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON and even Caltex or Shell 98RON. It's a case of having sensitive hearing and knowing what to listen for.

If HA wishes to dispute this statement they are welcome to repute it here.
    So what your saying is that someone who has spent decades in the motor industry doesn't know what to listen for, lets get serious please. I dispute that statement completely.

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    So what your saying is that someone who has spent decades in the motor industry doesn't know what to listen for, lets get serious please. I dispute that statement completely.
    Possibly or it may be a hearing issue....

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Did you ever think for a minute that your comments might be misguided, I think we have been down this track before. Why don't you come for a trip to central QLD & prove me wrong, instead of making me laugh. I would like to know what mechanical qualifications you have?
    Last edited by buddah51au; 27-08-2010 at 12:09 PM.

With all due respect, most Mechanics are simply Grease Monkeys. The bulk of the work are Oil Changes, Break Pad replacement, changing drive belts and timing chains and maybe change a gasket in an engine. It's mostly "Monkey see, Monkey do" stuff.
    Put a complex new engine in front of them and even the factory trained Honda Mechanics have stuffed up [I refer to the SW upgrade in the CU2].

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    Lmfao, so your now saying anyone can do transmission rebuilds, both Auto & manual, rebuild diffs, engines ETC. Just because of your bad experience you seem to think everyone is the same. Oh, there is no such thing as a factory trained mechanic, can you imagine in this case you would first need to learn the Japanese language, followed by an apprenticeship in a production plant that builds new cars. some mechanics attend 1 or 2 day training courses, but that doesn't make them factory trained. A mechanic could be working for Honda this month, BMW next month, Hyundai the following month so how can you call them factory trained.

We seem to be going over old ground again, so regard this as my last reply to someone with NO MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 27-08-2010 at 06:04 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Irving, just a kind advice, i dont know anything about car engine, but its not good idea teasing any profession with so called MOney etc etc. its always good to respect any type of profession.
    One or two mechanics may be messed up the engine, but i dont think everyone is same..For my knowledge mechanics also here in Australia needs to go for special courses and update their skillsets time to time. I don't think anyone turn out to be a mechanic like a handyman with knowing few tricks. Don't think i am backing up Buddah, just generally saying its always good to respect each and every profession.
    Thanks.

You have stated that you have driven over a Dozen CU2s and never heard the PCS.

So what we have here is a self professed expert who knows nothing about the said issue.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    yes, i have driven over 3 dozen CU2 Autos after the Software modification was carried out, Each over an 84 km test loop. I know who thinks he is the expert & that is a person with NO MECHANICAL KNOWLEDGE. After all, you were the one that stated & I quote "mild PCS" can be reproduced in any CU2 with the recommended 95RON" end quote. Lets leave it at that & stop covering old ground.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 28-08-2010 at 05:22 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    For the record:

My 2010 Euro Wagon (MY09) has PCS (Post Combustion Sound). I cannot hear the PCS because I can't hear certain sound frequency. However, my wife (who has professional music training) can hear it from day 1. The PCS was fixed by Honda a couple of week ago (Knock Sensor + Software Update) and since then she can't hear any PCS. So the fix does work !!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    It would be interesting to get a poll going for CU2 owners who had the PCS issue & it was fully / partially resolved after the update was applied , or owners that have never had the problem. What do you think Aarong?

The only downside I can see is that i suspect only a minor percentage of CU2 owners use this forum.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2,3MPS,VESPA
    I picked up my euro with the pcs, had the fix and still get the occasional pcs.
    Got a letter from Honda Australia which stipulates that they will cover any engine damage for the life of my ownership which is caused by the pcs.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    It would be interesting to get a poll going for CU2 owners who had the PCS issue & it was fully / partially resolved after the update was applied , or owners that have never had the problem. What do you think Aarong?

The only downside I can see is that i suspect only a minor percentage of CU2 owners use this forum.
    I fully support your idea. The only issue is some people may mistaken normal engine noise as PCS or people like me who can't hear certain sound frequency. Never the less, it will be interesting to see some real life stats from members.

I also know of a fellow NZ member who had the fix applied recently and the PCS went away completely after the fix.