Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux

Question Mud Guards on Euro Lux '09

Hi Guys, just need an opinion.

I'm considering fitting colour coded Mud Guards on my Milano Red '09 Euro Lux. Got a quote from the local Honda Dealer $300. Before I go spending my hard earned I would really like to see what they would look like on. Does anyone have any pics they could direct me to and want your opinion. Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro cu2
    Hey Luvmyeruo, you can check on honda website under the mud guard set. The color is silver, but i think it should give you some ideas on how would it looks like for Millano Red

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    $300??? i thought they were $80....at least thats how much it was on ebay motors. maybe have a look there first?

for that kinda money id rather buy mugen visors
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro cu2
    Yeah quite pricey. I would rather buy side skirt

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Be careful though, with the CL9, the mudguard actually rubbed against the paint and after a few years, it would be down at to the metal!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Be careful though, with the CL9, the mudguard actually rubbed against the paint and after a few years, it would be down at to the metal!
    Where does the rubbing occur? I have mudguards on my CL9, so I'd like to check...

- HZ

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro cu2
    I believe his one is CU2 as it is 2009 model

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterZero View Post
    Where does the rubbing occur? I have mudguards on my CL9, so I'd like to check...

- HZ
    It's where the mudguard meets the paint. Just take yours off and you'll see the marks.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by tonymulia View Post
    I believe his one is CU2 as it is 2009 model
    If the mudguard design is similar to the CL9 where it is secured by only 3 screws, then I believe the issue can still happen. Don't underestimate the strength of the wind blowing against the mudguard as it causes it to vibrate against the paint and hence wear it down.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Thank guys for the info and opinions, I'm still undecided which way to go here. I'd like to stick to genuine Honda Moulded Mud Guards (even though they are quite costly). I managed to see a couple of pics browsing the Car Sales site, they don't look too bad as they are not too overbearing- I don't want the car to look "over accessorised". I understand they can also come in a matte-black finish- not sure how that would look against Milano Red, I'm kinda leaning towards the colour-coded though. The rubbing against the paint sounds like an unwelcome possible issue, although if I go genuine and have it fitted by a dealer you would think I can make a claim should it occur. Thanks again guys for you responses, any more would be grateful. Cheers.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Euro Lux
    Luvmyeuro

Have had no problems with set fitted
    Go the colour coded, much better look
    No rubbing etc etc
    Think 300 is the cost ex dealer for 4

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    09 CU2 Euro Lux
    Thanks NSHonda, I'm inclined to agree with you and go with Colour Coded. Comforting to know you have had no rubbing problem. The dealer cost is $300 front & rear fitted. Booking her in next week. Might post a pic once their done so others can see what they look like. Many thanks for your opinion and advice.