57 83.82%
  • autech s15

11 16.18%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Hybrid View

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Neither! Save your money until you can drive a turbo and then buy a spec r s15
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You could get a better example of an Autech for the price, and it's a nice car, but I'd have to agree that an S15 is meant to have at least an SR20DET under the hood.

If you're only looking at the Autech because you can't drive a turbo, then you'd be wise to wait until you can drive a turbo, or have saved more. You'll need more money for a decent example of an S2000. Just don't bite off more than you can chew.

An Autech in good condition would be a great daily drive, though.

my bad if i was wrong GSi_PSi, read up it from another forum, jst feel bad for the autech owners, knowing that this ozhonda after all lol. correct me if im wrong heard s2ks had shit diffs LOL a mate of mine told me he knew a guy who sat the s2k on the spot for a couple of seconds and blew the diff rofl thats a couple of g's to replace looool whats the point of have a rwd if the diffs shit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by em1boy View Post
    my bad if i was wrong GSi_PSi, read up it from another forum, jst feel bad for the autech owners, knowing that this ozhonda after all lol. correct me if im wrong heard s2ks had shit diffs LOL a mate of mine told me he knew a guy who sat the s2k on the spot for a couple of seconds and blew the diff rofl thats a couple of g's to replace looool whats the point of have a rwd if the diffs shit.
    My friend's mate's counsin's friend's uncle blew a diff...... Unless you've had first hand experience I doubt you're in any position to judge the S2000, or even the Autech S15.

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    Quote Originally Posted by geeang View Post
    My friend's mate's counsin's friend's uncle blew a diff...... Unless you've had first hand experience I doubt you're in any position to judge the S2000, or even the Autech S15.
    em1boy is right. s2ks have shit diffs. if u disagree with that then ur clueless about these cars rofl. i blew mine..and 5 drive shafts along with it. they naturally have a very weak rear end, unless ur a baby with 1. if ur into "spiritual driving" and unless ur ready to fork out proper money for a proper build diff then stay away from these cars as all u will get his headache after headache. especially if u have bad driving habits. all my mates wanna get rid of theres bcuz there getting diff problems. i just forked out 4k for a full proper built diff and im loving her ...keep up with my cousins SPEC R s15 which is boosted aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    Bangbus
    Quote Originally Posted by tamay_s2k View Post
    em1boy is right. s2ks have shit diffs. if u disagree with that then ur clueless about these cars rofl. i blew mine..and 5 drive shafts along with it. they naturally have a very weak rear end, unless ur a baby with 1. if ur into "spiritual driving" and unless ur ready to fork out proper money for a proper build diff then stay away from these cars as all u will get his headache after headache. especially if u have bad driving habits. all my mates wanna get rid of theres bcuz there getting diff problems. i just forked out 4k for a full proper built diff and im loving her ...keep up with my cousins SPEC R s15 which is boosted aswell
    Where in my post did I disagree? He's spouted alot of bs in this thread so I simply told him he's in no position to judge a car's worth because of "thingz he heardz from a cuz bro".

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    S15 for practicality!

S2k for the weekend warrior!

As far as build quality goes, Honda all the way, S15 can seem a bit dull at times, but the air vents are pretty cool, seats are pretty nice, they hold u nice an tight, the SR20 can get noisy due to the chain, but easy to fix, the interior will start creaking over time, but other wise the S15 is a fantastic car to own, my brother had one, i had it for a period of time, an loved it, its sleek an sexy, no need for bodykits, jus a nice set of rims an ur set....
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Get a 350Z and beat both the s2k and autech s15. Easy.

They're also priced very similarly to the s2k and autech s15.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    You can get a 350Z for the same price as an S2k? Really...?

well im jst gonna see if my mate who recently bought a s2000 will blow his diff.. probly not, loves his car LOL. and to indie, yerh for somereason you can find cheap 350z's probly with high kms but they aint p plate legal, my mate got done driving one LOL

S2K man! I had a choice between the turbo s15's and a 325kw atw s14 all immaculate, and they all wanted to swap for my dc5.
    but got the s2k! much better car imo!

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    s2000s are crazy cars. but after owning 1 for 2 years it looses its buzz factor, thats wen u need BOOST!!!