Thread: i need help!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S

i need help!!

hi all,

my dc5 type s vibrates like a mother. any ideas what it could be and if its normal? what should i look for???

especially in idle at the traffic lights. i cant even rest my head on the headrest of the seat otherwise i will get a headache.

any help is much appreciated....

thanks

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Check for broken/torn engine mounts, espically the drivers side one. Mine failed at 60k km and caused more vibrations, though not to the extent you are describing. The front and rear mounts can only be checked from under the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S
    i had one replaced about 4 months ago... what should i loook for in the engine mount in terms of deformation?

thanks for replying

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    well, the aformentioned drivers side mount is fluid filled, so it had leaked and sprayed the fluid about a bit which drew my attention to it. I noticed then it was cracked open across the top of the mount which enabled the engine to shift around vertically, i could feel this also when driving. I replaced the front and both side mounts with the mugen set and it turned out my front mount was split also. So I guess just look for cracks splits and tears on the mounts though it can be really hard if not impossible to tell with the them on the car. Was the replacement mount a stock honda part?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S
    im not too sure if it was stock.. i had it replaced as soon as i bought the car. so the dealer soughted the whole thing out as engine mounts are a roadworthy item in the list so they did it free of charge for me so id say theyd do whatevers cheapest alternative...

ill try explain in better detail... when my car is in idol it vibrates quite a bit.. shaking plastic parts of the interior including centre console around the hand brake and shifter but once i accelerate and start driving the vibrations stop and it just feels normal.
    also, my windows seem to be loose in the door panel. when i put my window down about half way i can physically move it from side to side, as well, when i go over a bump with my window about half way down it will rattle.. any suggestions?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    To me it really sounds like an engine mount issue, vibrations will reduce with more rpm. I got nothing on what else it could be.

As for the window, sounds like soimething is loose in the up-down-hold-the-window-in-place (i dunno what to call it) mechanism. Its not normal.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5 Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk_S View Post
    To me it really sounds like an engine mount issue, vibrations will reduce with more rpm. I got nothing on what else it could be.

As for the window, sounds like soimething is loose in the up-down-hold-the-window-in-place (i dunno what to call it) mechanism. Its not normal.
    yeah that sounds about right.. the more rpm the decrease in vibration. with the window thing i no it is not normal, just wondered what could cause it and fix iit.. my mate has the same issue with his dc5s.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Is your DC5 idling abnormally? shuddery/low idle? Because my DA9 had this issue too. If this is the case you need to adjust your idle speed a little higher, the handbook that came with the car should list the correct idle speed or it might say on the underside of the bonnet. If adjusting doesn't work, other things that can cause a bad idle are fuel filter, vacuum leak (from any of the vacuum hoses), clogged injector/s or it may just need a general tune, possibly the timing could need adjusting?

Hopefully this helps somehow, I know I hate it when my car does things of which I can't figure out why.

Good Luck!

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Itd be funny if the dealer put in hasport mounts for you lol. Awesome.

+1 with engine mounts.

Drivers side engine mount is the most common problem on the DC5 range. Any sort of highly spirited driving will bust it.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    jsut put in aftermarket mounts for peace of mind!