Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    never seen a carrado before but thats pretty sexy

beautiful event and magnificent cars

Member Array
    Car:
    2011 FPV F6
    Great photos.
    That Scirocco has a very wide butt.
    While I was purusing the photos the thought crossed my mind that today's Honda doesn't really offer any hi performance cars anymore.
    You have VW offering the GTI,the "R" version and albeit not available in OZ ,the Scirocco.Even Renault has the Renault Clio Cup and Trophee versions and soon to follow the Megane RS.
    Ford are also bringing in the Focus RS,in limited numbers.
    Ah well!....we just have to wait a little longer.
    “The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred”-Soichiro Honda.

-Owned 2007 FN2 Civic Type R

Newcomer Array
    I understand the Cayman broke on day 1 and is out of the competition.

I know the owner of the Elise. Apparently it recorded 11.9 1/4 mile and 3.9 0-100km/h. Fastest on the drag strip was a modded GT2 @ 11.7 ish.
    Dyno figure for the Elise was 224rwkw

Haven't heard how they went in today's wet conditions.

VW are stupid for not bringing in the Scirocco. I'd buy one tomorrow if it is sensibly priced.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    nice event... quick question, why didnt they use a nissan gtr? if the porsche 911 997 Gt3 was allowed, surely they shoulda had cars that cost the same amount, since they cost more than 150k! Or was it the fact that it would own the competition, lol

Member Array
    Car:
    ED6 B16a
    Awesome write up Peter

I was actually working on the Scirocco and black C63 the day before!

The exhaust on the Scirocco sounded awesome and the one on the C63 was one of the most grizzly sounds I have ever heard!

Also, that white R32 in the car park is a twin turbo which is pumping out around 600hp!
    Car Detailing Addict.

Great write up and photos Peter, I am sad that there was no Honda's there, it all seems a bit pointless to me as this is not a real view of the tuner cars that are available in Australia (where's the Skylines or GTR?) , the pricing brackets alone dismiss most of the people in Australia who want a car with some good performance, it's not like we all have the money for a Porsche or AMG Merc, but I suppose we will be seeing a lot more Golfs being wrapped around trees now that they are the hot hatch everyone wants.

It would have been fun if they had a proper "Best Motoring" type of 5 lap supersprint, with all cars driven by professional drivers, it would have shown the real world effects of the modifications.

Would be good to see the Mugen RR, or FD2R on the same track, direct price comparisons would have allowed them in this event, but I guess we will never know haha

in fact, that white Civic would be my take home choice lol

Cheers, Chris
    Last edited by tseesinngwailo; 18-08-2010 at 04:54 PM.
    Every Day You Don't Practice, Is A Day You Get Worse
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

nice, is VW Carrado can be road register in AUS?