Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wash your Jazz

Wash your Jazz

Hey, guys! Just wondering how often you guys wash and wax your beloved Jazz. Which particular car wash liquid/ wax polish do you guys use? Do you know any self-service car wash stations in which no staff petrol around to check if someone use bucket-wash??

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    I would wash it ever 3 weeks or so but don't drive too much.

I just polished/waxed mine last weekend and ideally it should be done about every 6 months.

For me it is a 3 step process (after washing and bug/tar remover) using Meguires Gold Class range:

1. Paint cleaner to clean off all residual wax, polish and crap like that. It is like a mild abbrasive and removes small blemishes, and swirls.

2. Polish as this is what gives the car the shine.

3. Wax to seal it.

It takes a few hours (more like most of the day) but it's worth it.

My car is white so it's pretty easy. I used to have a black car and to get it near perfect took the better part of 2 days....

Thanks for your advice. But what worries me is that I always have to park my car on street or open air carpark when I go to school (not undercover) so I worry that the metallic colour will fade over sometime in the exposure of strong sunshine and bird shit etc.....Can frequent washing & waxing prevent or delay the problem?

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    i love my cars colour but keeping it clean . On The vivid blue you see dust and dirt as soon as you wash it and take it for a spin but it does shine when polished, i guess most ppl say every 6months so i stick to it also
    Last edited by muli; 01-01-2005 at 01:12 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    I clean with car shampoo every week due to I park it in an open air car park.
    I wax it every 5 mths as wax it too often is not really good for new paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    00DC2R
    OMG, u guys put me to absolute shame

in the 6 mths i've had my car, i've "washed" it only once. never waxed it. i got the paint protector option offered by the dealer (yeah ... i'm a sucker ) and was told not to use any type of car wash except for the yellow liquid wash they gave us.

ANYWAY, my car is black and attracts dust BIG TIME. absolutely shocking. probably the last time i'm getting a black car.
    (long story as to why i got this colour in the first place)

oh .. the car gets a wash whenever there's a big downpour .. we need more rain!

Member Array
    Car:
    M3 F80 RC1 MY16
    lol
    dun worry
    the paint protector option is not a bad option if u going to keep yr car for ages

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S2000
    do u know what is actually done or added for paint protection? Is it 'Teflon' bonding substance??

Cos my old man is manager of Northshore Lexus in NewZealand and he brings me back couple of bottles of 'Teflon' paint protection that cost $300/bottle. He get for free of course...

Is that the paint protection?

I've used it on my car, it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, heaps better than polish and wax put together!... Like a brand new car when its done...

I've used 2 bottles so far since 2003 and it's suppose to be a bottle per application per 3 years or something.

what do i write here? Array
    Car:
    Jazz Vti-s
    its probly MING paint protection

Jazz Moderator Array
    Car:
    2003 GD3 Fit
    Waxing the car often is not the problem...polishing the car frequently (like every week or 2) is what you shouldn't do.

If your car is outside most/all of the time I would probably try and polish and wax every 3 to 4 months. The wax is the sealant/protector so it will make it so much easier to maintain on a regular basis. If you see bird crap or whatever on the car, just make sure you remove it ASAP. If you leave it on, it can eat at the paint, etc, but once the wax is on, it should come off pretty cleanly.

Your paint won't fade if you take relatively good care of it. You just need to have the time or inclination to actually want to go through the steps of polishing and waxing. There's no real quick and easy solution...you have to use good old elbow grease to get the best results.

Member Array
    Car:
    2k2 Jazz VTi
    hmmm... i wash my car about once every 2 months, unless it gets really dirty very quickly... havent waxed it before and i dont know if i will actually do it...

otherwise i try to keep it clean as often as i can

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000, Jazz, Civic
    u get a choice of 2 colours with black cars
    wash = black
    unwash = grey hehe