Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro

after looks and sound

hey guys ive being driving Toyota so now for a change so got myself 2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury
    was wondering what kind of parts i should be looking at cause i am after looks and sound can you guys help me with some advice or tips

here some pics of it

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I'm just about to do a massive write up on exactly this!
    There are countless options for everything to do with the euro, but first of all congratulations on the purchase! Looks nice a nice clean car and good colour too!

People will just tell you to "SEARCH THE FORUM!!! THAT'S WHY THERE'S A SEARCH BUTTON!!!", but my theory is that if you have no idea what to search, it's not much use!

Here is just a very very brief overview of modding the euro for looks and noise (with a little bit of performance thrown into the mix)

The first question you need to ask yourself is how do you want your car to look? I categorise the looks into three mains sections:

1. V.I.P. - Means you get exterior parts for mainly looks. This can include shiney wheels, crazy body kits, and lowering your car with a set of springs such as eibach springs which are apparently very good (try to stay away from pedders or king springs), with some good shock absorbers such as bilstein or koni yellows.

2. Race - This means you get parts that not only look the part, but have some useful functions . This can include lightweight wheels such as 'Work cr Kai' or 'Buddyclub p1'. You may want an aftermarket lip kit or full body kit by 'Mugen', I think they both look pretty good. And you get a good set of coilover suspension such as 'Buddyclub n+' or 'Tein SS', for this suspension you can adjust height and damping settings; or 'Tein Basic' which can only adjust height.

3. Honda OEM - This is basically for all the people who want a CL7 Euro-R, but obviously cannot have one since they never came to our shores. This can involve getting the lip kit, grille and rims which are basically the same as the 2006-2008 euro sport rims, grille and body kit. Another popular choice is to use the wheels from the newest Civic Type R (FN2R). Once again, you will want to lower your car, otherwise you will look like you are driving a CRV. Either of the before mentioned suspension setups in 1 or 2 are very good.

With all three of these options, I would highly recommend getting an upgraded 'Whiteline rear sway bar', as it reduced body roll, and makes the car much more enjoyable to drive around corners. Definitely worth the money IMO.

In terms of sound, there are really only intake and exhaust options.

Intake: 'Injen Cold Air Intake' is very good and can be made to either sit in the engine bay ('short ram', very loud, but less power) or behind the bumper ('CAI', softer, but more power), and by no means is the CAI route quiet. There are other intakes such as K&N and Fujita, but I have the Injen and everyone else I know who have it, Love IT!

Exhaust: Once again, there are a few exhaust options. The 'Buddyclub' exhaust is apparently very loud and droney due to its lack of mid mufflers I believe (plz correct me if I am wrong). 'Skunk2' is also apparently very loud too. If you looking for something that adds a little bit of sounds when you are cruising and a lot of sound when you floor it, the 'fujitsubo legallis R' seems to be the way to go.

Modding the Euro isn't cheap, but I can't stress this next point enough... "Mod ONCE, Mod RIGHT".

In regards to where to buy everything, I will leave that for another post... but you should check out this website: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ . It's good for wasting hours and hours just browsing.

Once again, just in case anyone kills me for anything I've written, this is all just my opinion.

Enjoy!

Member Array
    Car:
    96 Integra VTi-R
    ^^ What he said lol

If i had a Euro I'd go VIP Style there's some really nice ones here on OzHonda one was a feature car awhile back, but because of that nice as blue you should go for EuroR style imo

and x2 on the Fujitsubo if your after quality and not too loud.
    **If I have helped you out please feel free to give PQ (post quality point), cheers**

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Btw, sorry for the essay! I swear it was the smallest post i could write with the information you wanted.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    Btw, sorry for the essay! I swear it was the smallest post i could write with the information you wanted.

nah it all cool the more info i get the better

thanks you so much

cheer

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9 & EK4
    Quote Originally Posted by npcan2 View Post
    I'm just about to do a massive write up on exactly this!
    There are countless options for everything to do with the euro, but first of all congratulations on the purchase! Looks nice a nice clean car and good colour too!

People will just tell you to "SEARCH THE FORUM!!! THAT'S WHY THERE'S A SEARCH BUTTON!!!", but my theory is that if you have no idea what to search, it's not much use!

Here is just a very very brief overview of modding the euro for looks and noise (with a little bit of performance thrown into the mix)

The first question you need to ask yourself is how do you want your car to look? I categorise the looks into three mains sections:

1. V.I.P. - Means you get exterior parts for mainly looks. This can include shiney wheels, crazy body kits, and lowering your car with a set of springs such as eibach springs which are apparently very good (try to stay away from pedders or king springs), with some good shock absorbers such as bilstein or koni yellows.

2. Race - This means you get parts that not only look the part, but have some useful functions . This can include lightweight wheels such as 'Work cr Kai' or 'Buddyclub p1'. You may want an aftermarket lip kit or full body kit by 'Mugen', I think they both look pretty good. And you get a good set of coilover suspension such as 'Buddyclub n+' or 'Tein SS', for this suspension you can adjust height and damping settings; or 'Tein Basic' which can only adjust height.

3. Honda OEM - This is basically for all the people who want a CL7 Euro-R, but obviously cannot have one since they never came to our shores. This can involve getting the lip kit, grille and rims which are basically the same as the 2006-2008 euro sport rims, grille and body kit. Another popular choice is to use the wheels from the newest Civic Type R (FN2R). Once again, you will want to lower your car, otherwise you will look like you are driving a CRV. Either of the before mentioned suspension setups in 1 or 2 are very good.

With all three of these options, I would highly recommend getting an upgraded 'Whiteline rear sway bar', as it reduced body roll, and makes the car much more enjoyable to drive around corners. Definitely worth the money IMO.

In terms of sound, there are really only intake and exhaust options.

Intake: 'Injen Cold Air Intake' is very good and can be made to either sit in the engine bay ('short ram', very loud, but less power) or behind the bumper ('CAI', softer, but more power), and by no means is the CAI route quiet. There are other intakes such as K&N and Fujita, but I have the Injen and everyone else I know who have it, Love IT!

Exhaust: Once again, there are a few exhaust options. The 'Buddyclub' exhaust is apparently very loud and droney due to its lack of mid mufflers I believe (plz correct me if I am wrong). 'Skunk2' is also apparently very loud too. If you looking for something that adds a little bit of sounds when you are cruising and a lot of sound when you floor it, the 'fujitsubo legallis R' seems to be the way to go.

Modding the Euro isn't cheap, but I can't stress this next point enough... "Mod ONCE, Mod RIGHT".

In regards to where to buy everything, I will leave that for another post... but you should check out this website: http://www.heeltoeauto.com/ . It's good for wasting hours and hours just browsing.

Once again, just in case anyone kills me for anything I've written, this is all just my opinion.

Enjoy!
    4. Rice- have neons interior, stupid stickers on exterior, putting brembo calipers covers on stock calipers....

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    HAHAHAH!!!! I want those caliper covers!!!!!!!!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by max9907.0422 View Post
    4. Rice- have neons interior, stupid stickers on exterior, putting brembo calipers covers on stock calipers....
    Lol at this - but perhaps not just lol! I used to have an old accord with interior blue neons, looked sick. Now I have a euro the same colour as urs I can't help but think the interior neons (in the footwells with hidden tubes) would look sick as it would match the exterior lol!

Personally, I'm not a fan of the wheels on the 06, I much prefer the 05 ones. I'd love to see a euro with something like SSW multispoke on them