Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    it should definitely clear the brakes, i think the cutoff for 16x7s are +42, currently im running +40s and i'm clearing it by like 2mms.

you shouldn't be using spacers for daily runaround as the hub is suppose to hold the wheel on not the studs you are risking shedding one of them off.

i've ran 205/45/16s before and my car is lowered as well, it does rub on the rear but i try to keep rear passengers to a minimal but it gives the car a nice look as it fills the guard, if you run 205/40/16 then it won't rub (what i'm using atm) but it doesnt fill the guards and it gives a very very firm ride

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    I tried the 15 & 16" Rota GT3's (+40 & +38) today and they did not clear the brakes at all. Same with 16" Track-R's (+40)

The only ones that did fit was 16" circuit 10's (+38) which cleared the brakes by a lot but it scrubs so hard on the rears. Poor new tyres, gotta roll the guards tomorrow.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

hmm rotas may have bad offset, were these 16x7s or 16x6.5 cos i've had trouble fitting sportivo wheels on which are 16x6.5 +42 had to slot in 5mm spacers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    They were all 7's. That unusual extra metal that sticks out of the caliper is what hits it. If you grind it off you can probably use more wheels.

Anyone rolled their rear guards before? I just realized nearly half of the wheel arch is the rear bumper....
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    DC5R with a JDM K20A
    It is generally the design of the wheel that will determine whether or not you'll clear the brakes, although most rims should unless they're really funky design. For the GD Jazz, when I rolled my guards I found that the triangular piece of plastic that holds in the bumper screw was the cause of most of my scrubbing, so I just filed that away and the scrubbing stopped, although I fulled rolled the guards to be safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ^ which triangular piece? for the front or rear?

I rolled the rear guards today with a heat gun and mallet then cut a bit of the rear bumper, still scrubs with 2 people in the car

When i get my coilovers this week ill just raise it by an inch and keep it stiff. The stock suspensions are soft as....
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    205/50/16x7 +40 no rub on GE??

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    How low?

Get smaller profiles 205/40/16 and it shouldnt rub at bumps.
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    seebik
    ^ stock height

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3 Jazz & Cube
    slightly off topic, but has anyone had problems with their CVT due to the larger wheels ?? My wife's VTI-S is in need on new tyres, and I thought it might be an opportunity to get some new rims at the same time....

having bigger wheels would affect the gear ratio, if you had 17" wheels you may find 1st gear might feel like 2nd etc etc. It will therefore also affect your acceleration/fuel economy and speedo. however if it's the same size as the original then it would be fine and you may even find an increase in fuel economy if the wheels are lighter