Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE

Need advice for buying a EK

Hi Guys

Im in the market to buy a EK hatch. I plan to put somekind of 2L honda engine in it. So my question are, Is it worth to buy a GLI and do all the work myself or buy a car that already done all that?? A GLI is around 5k and the car with 2L engine is around 15k. From you guys experience,is 10k enough to do the engine and the gear box and the brake or maybe even 5 stud?? Generally how will all those mod cost??

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Depends if you like the ek body or not. I mean if you really like the ek, then do conversion. If you just want power and dont really care about the car, buy the car with the engine.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    I want it for track so i need a good body. I guess my main question is that apart from the body, is worth it to buy a car has all the mod in it than buying a stock one and do it all up myself in terms of the 10k difference. Is change the engine,gearbox and brake more than 10k including the labor and parts??

Depends what 2.0L you want to put in it? K20? will be more than 10K to do the conversion right.

5K for GLi? I've been shopping around with my mate for EK GLi recently and we've seen quite a few asking for around that mark and the body is rough as anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    If u need a good chassis to start off, only real way is to start off with a good chassis, Any Type-R chassis is good for the track.... far more rigid over ek1/ek4, but adding braces im sure should be more than enough
    Go Eg if u wanting a very light chassis to start off, an than add braces to stiffen the chassis again

why go K20 conversion, wen with the all the added cost, u coulda netted a modded Type-R, which will be faster in the end, an have everything u need to go fast around the track... seems more viable option than goin k20 if ur just wanting a track car, parts dont add value so guys who sell cars with coil-overs and that is a added bonus, so take advantage on whats on offer, an work or make it better....

B16/B20 conversion is more doable, more cheaper

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    itg33k: Maybe my standard is not as high as you. Ive seen a few for sales before,but i couldnt make up my mind so it was sold to someone else.

mugen_ctr: I know EG is lighter but i like the EK shape. I dont know if i want to go with K20 because i know its expensive. i was thinking something like 18/20. Because i never been track before so i was thinking get used to the car and the power than i find a very good chassis for it. Dont want to spend all the money to buy a car with good chassis and crash it. I guess a decent chassis/body is good enough for me for now.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Im not to sure, but id go with the base model cxi or was it gli? Since theres no power windows or anything to weigh it down... Dirt cheap as well

If u can do most of the labour work, ur already saving half the price right there....

Buyin a civic with B18 for 15k for track? not worth it... mayb 8-10k as its a track car, and not registered, but def not 15k!, that can already get u a basic track ready car, roll cage an all... if thats what ur asking

Member Array
    Car:
    ekb18c,jazz,eg5
    are you trying to sell your car on ozhonda.....
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..

..We Welcome You Abourd!..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Astigtsikotko: Nice car. But i only after hatch.

mugen_ctr: So comes down in the end its cheaper for me to buy a build up one as i dont know and how to do all those work. I will need rego for it as i dont want to buy a trailer and have to toll the car to track. I heard you need rego for tailer anyway. thanks for all the reply mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    yea u will need to tow it to tracks, which is a down side, but upside, unlimited mods, so long as they conform to Cams regulation if im not mistaken.... it would be better off if u did buy a ready built one,BUT as most will say, itd be more fun, and you would learn more on the car, if u built it urself, i dont see why u shouldnt attempt to build one, so long as u got a mechanic friend to help u along the way, that way u will learn heaps about the car alone, its one thing to drive the car, another to learn about the car....either way, to track a car, u gotta learn about the car

Rego and track cars dont go so well, when it comes to production based cars like civics, lol.... it will prbs cost less being a track car than a engineered certified track car, as they have tough rules to make a race car on the road, which means more money

Look on www.my105.com, where u can buy pretty much Australian best track cars.... and some of the track cars there OMG!!! lol

Have u tried considering other track cars? Not tryna deter you from buying a civic ek track car btw, its good to consider what else is out there

Sure hope dat guys not tryna sell if it is his car, lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic
    if its for track just import the car from Japan, Europe, Middle East or the USA...

no point spending the cash on these shores unless its for a street legal version
    WTB: EK oem JDM Visors

I love J-Cups

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    yea u will need to tow it to tracks, which is a down side, but upside, unlimited mods, so long as they conform to Cams regulation if im not mistaken.... it would be better off if u did buy a ready built one,BUT as most will say, itd be more fun, and you would learn more on the car, if u built it urself, i dont see why u shouldnt attempt to build one, so long as u got a mechanic friend to help u along the way, that way u will learn heaps about the car alone, its one thing to drive the car, another to learn about the car....either way, to track a car, u gotta learn about the car

Rego and track cars dont go so well, when it comes to production based cars like civics, lol.... it will prbs cost less being a track car than a engineered certified track car, as they have tough rules to make a race car on the road, which means more money

Look on www.my105.com, where u can buy pretty much Australian best track cars.... and some of the track cars there OMG!!! lol

Have u tried considering other track cars? Not tryna deter you from buying a civic ek track car btw, its good to consider what else is out there

Sure hope dat guys not tryna sell if it is his car, lol
    wow..V8 super car..one day i will get myself one of those for sure..but they are too advance for me now..thats a very good advice, i think i should take my time and build this baby up myself..hopfully i will learn something along the way..