Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Get a twin carb setup and put it on your car lol.
    lol is it worth it ? you rekon theres a big enough increase in power to bother ? lol
    quite the effort .... +10kws yeh why not ......enything under cbf lol
    Just give it time.
    Give it your heart and soul.

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Quote Originally Posted by gas View Post
    lol is it worth it ? you rekon theres a big enough increase in power to bother ? lol
    lol 10kw.. ur dreaming.. lol
    even this carby mod only like 1kw increase lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    you'll get a much more noticeable increase upgrading to a twin carby than doing this carby mod to a breeze
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by gas View Post
    If you put a twin carb setup and do this mod, you will definitely feel a huge improvement dude.. I don't know about 10KW, but it will be very high compared to single carby.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    91 ED Hatch
    haha this looks dope. Im gonna do it to my mates 91 GL LOL!
    ::Street Level::

wow i just came across the BEST power up yet that i have made to my ED. Have put on extractors, new plug leads, fresh oil etc, bit of extra timing, but this must have made a similar difference to all of these combined!!!!!
    Went to do the Keihin CV carb modification as described at the start of this thread, pulled the top of the carbs off, but the whole slide and needle came out also. Tried to move them up and down but they were really stiff. Decided that before modding the spring and pulling off the plastic stopper I would clean them right up and see what would happen. After hitting the slide assembly and carby top with a good dose of carby cleaner, everything started moving substantially easier. eg. before cleaning them, the spring would not actually push the slide off the carby top, after it would fall out without the spring.
    Put it all back together and far out!!! It is still a 1.5 carby but it feels just soo much quicker, massively better throttle response, engine sounds much crisper and revs up far more freely and this is before pulling out the stopper and cutting the spring!!!
    It would make just good sense, even if you did not want to do the mod, to clean the carbs. It is 2 screws on top of each carb and they come off. So worth it!!! Gunna try the spring thing tomorrow

hehe did the carby mod today, the little civic feels like a new beast!! There is a noticible hit in power at 4k and you can feel it pull more from 5k thru to redline. Previously there was little point revving past about 5k cos there wasnt enough extra power available to justify the revs. Cleaning the carb made it fun to rev and then doing the extra mod has made it pull almost hard above 5k (for a carby 1.5 anyway)

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Good to hear mate
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    hows the fuel consumption? bad?
    so basically what i can gather is

cut the springs
    put back together
    and use unifilter..?

im doing this to my ED civic tomorrow definitely lol

do it!!! couldn't tell you how it has affected my fuel economy accurately yet, as i have not yet gone thru a full tank, and most of this tank has been boot in enjoying the extra power, but it seems that it still wont be terrible. its still looking like i should somewhere 470-480kms from this tank, which is approx 40%highway 60%boot in/around town.

When you pull your carby tops off, pull the slide out also (it is the bit that the spring sits on when you pull the top off and the spring is still in the carby. it can only go back in 1 way, just dont force it in when putting back together) and see if it slides easily in the carby top. If it does not move freely, hit it whit carby cleaner till it does.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic EG4 1992
    I cant seem to find a filter that will fit... Can anyone tell me where they got theres?
    Wouldn't mind doing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Jono Civic View Post
    I cant seem to find a filter that will fit... Can anyone tell me where they got theres?
    Wouldn't mind doing this weekend.
    motorbike shops -