Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Universal (Y)
    Mine wasn't universal :P

The 12mm mini air breather is the suited size for our engines for anyone attempting this.
    I just installed it and omg what a difference?? It ran alot cleaner and smoother felt really nice
    Can't emphasize the power gain from doing this mod hahahaha +100 to tiksie!

Although my only issue is that its seemed to of raped my fuel consumption lol!
    Last edited by pablos8; 20-08-2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    The increased the fuel/air ratio CONSIDERABLY increases acceleration.. it also adds a nice SRI type sound and a vtec similar sound at mid to high rev range..

Probably the best $75 I've spent on the car, only other thing close for function would be the EK Centre Console.
    Feel free to ask questions about the carby mod.. I'm sure tiksie, im.kusuma or myself can help
    My only issue with it, is it seems to demolish the fuel consumption.. haha but its up to you to see whether its worth it or not the gains are pretty big!

heres some pics of the engine now!

So as you can see the filters are now open ended creating more intake, there is also more fuel being played with so the total fuel/air ratio is bigger thus creating a quicker acceleration... (I think) lols
    The mini air breather is mounted directly onto the rocker cover, to my understanding there shouldn't be any issues with heat etc.. from what I've been told anyway.
    You have to move the spark plug leads abit to mount it though It comes with a clamp, 12MM is the correct size to get and you're good to go!

now I just need a nicer looking rocker cover.... hahahaha
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Hahaha steph! That was a very good description *above comment* I'm looking forward to how many carby owners will do this. Its really not a bad mod for a carby.. Haha

All I could say is that this mod is worth the $75 and the time (for the time being)

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG4 Breeze
    any1 help on trying this with 1.5 single carby? carby is different so yeahh

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Not sure its worth doing on a single carb tbh but to my understanding I think the single carby has 2 air chambers, the second one gets used when you hit a certain rev range, probably around 4k I think, thats why you feel a little kick in that range.. I could be completely wrong here but yeah lol

From what I've heard you can take it to your mechanic or performance shop and ask them to raise the fuel/air output or something like that, but like i said, not too sure if its worth doing on a breeze
    Last edited by pablos8; 20-08-2010 at 04:35 PM.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Worth a try on a breeze I guess.. Do the same as the diy above but use one air filter and see the difference

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by im.Kusuma View Post
    Worth a try on a breeze I guess.. Do the same as the diy above but use one air filter and see the difference
    its a different layout though frans, this diy won't really work on it i think, things are placed differently on it so he might get a bit confused
    that is all.

WTFPWNED

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by pablos8 View Post
    Not sure its worth doing on a single carb tbh but to my understanding I think the single carby has 2 air chambers, the second one gets used when you hit a certain rev range, probably around 4k I think, thats why you feel a little kick in that range.. I could be completely wrong here but yeah lol

From what I've heard you can take it to your mechanic or performance shop and ask them to raise the fuel/air output or something like that, but like i said, not too sure if its worth doing on a breeze
    You are talking about the secondaries which usually open up at 4-5k RPM

I think it would be more wise upgrading to twin carbs.

Sounds about right in regards to fuel, and ofcourse your flooring it now haha

With carbs, you can either have good performance or good fuel economy.. Not both!
    Last edited by tiksie; 20-08-2010 at 06:52 PM.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    from pictures it looks easy so whats the 5 - 6 hours for?

tiksie would really appreciate if u could upload more pics and more detail please
    -never underestimate the power of dual carb

Banned Array
    Car:
    daihatsu Z
    Quote Originally Posted by rey2009 View Post

tiksie would really appreciate if u could upload more pics and more detail please
    lolol ****en hoses getting stuck and cant reach em or hard to pull out.. shit like that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CIVIC EG HATCH 1993
    which hoses are u talking about

isnt it just 10mm bolts to remove the spacer? are u saying there was less space and hoses were coming in the way?
    -never underestimate the power of dual carb

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    Sounds about right in regards to fuel, and ofcourse your flooring it now haha

With carbs, you can either have good performance or good fuel economy.. Not both!
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha i'll admit i thrashed the fcker when it got done LOL, it ran x10 better after installing the mini air breather!

but today i drove quite normally, no spirited driving and it was a noticeable decrease in fuel economy, I also left those black things in the springs.... ill take them out tonight but have a feeling it'll decrease the fuel economy even more LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by rey2009 View Post

lols trust me rey if you tackle this without decent knowledge of an engine let alone carby, you'll end up shits creek without a paddle

I thought the pics looked nice and easy too... till we attempted it LOL
    that is all.

WTFPWNED