Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Respraying

Quote Originally Posted by sxmachine View Post
    WATAJK you are talking about 2pac paint as in a solid means you spray the colour and its shiny already and the other system is clear over base which is better as you said last longer when applied properly.
    with acrylic paint system which has been used by tiksie, its a clear over base system as well just does not last as long these days because they dont make acrylic paints as good as they used to on the old school cars. just have to buff it after painting and comes up with a reall good finsh but always have to polish it to give it depth or it will just go to shit!!!!
    This is something i didn't know... Thanks for that, you learn soemthing new everyday
    +1 Rep to you my friend

Quote Originally Posted by tiksie View Post
    WATAJK,

All good man, I'm not doubting you either, just everyone has different theories that's all - I would rather take advice from my teacher that taught me how to spray who taught spraying for 35+ years.

That's right sxmachine, you hit the nail on the head But acrylic doesn't fade as fast as some people say it does.. You just have to put more maintenance into it - But ofcourse; go with 2pak if you can, you can get much much better results if applied correctly and in the right environment.. I just wish I had access to an oven
    The only reason i said what i did was because i asked my panel beater to add clear but he said no, because 2Pack Milano Red is a solid base paint which has a clear to bring out the shine which makes this colour so nice but the downfall is that it has no UV protection and thats why i said it's a pain to maintain like i tell other owners because it requires regular wasx and polish...

But i agree with both your theories..
    I didn't remember the fact you sprayed acrylic and mine was done in 2PAK...

Just keep in mind, spraying 2PAK in your backyard is illegal :P

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    hey guys how much paint is needed for a full respray ?? 2-3coats ?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    This is something i didn't know... Thanks for that, you learn soemthing new everyday
    +1 Rep to you my friend

The only reason i said what i did was because i asked my panel beater to add clear but he said no, because 2Pack Milano Red is a solid base paint which has a clear to bring out the shine which makes this colour so nice but the downfall is that it has no UV protection and thats why i said it's a pain to maintain like i tell other owners because it requires regular wasx and polish...

But i agree with both your theories..
    I didn't remember the fact you sprayed acrylic and mine was done in 2PAK...

Just keep in mind, spraying 2PAK in your backyard is illegal :P

The fine is between 15k - 30k.

I'm sure there wouldn't have been a problem with your panel beater putting a clear coat over it.. Its more shine and gives much more protection, even in 2K.

DC2R0636,

I highly doubt you are going to attempt spraying anything with a question like that, but for future refference, you will need about 4-5 litres of colour.

Here is milano red ACRYLIC straight off the gun, base, no clear coat on it yet..

Note that there is NO clear coat on it and it's Acrylic!
    Last edited by tiksie; 06-10-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    where did i say i was going to respray my car? just was curious
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    where did i say i was going to respray my car? just was curious
    He didn't say you were going to respray your car, he said "anything" in terms of anything at all from a lip to a panel etc etc
    Samm928: I must say your the biggest noob kid ever.
    that is all.

WTFPWNED
    Secretly trying to make my daily into a warrior without my missus knowing...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    thanks for the input
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Any input is good input

The thing what i was told... the reason he didn't put clear was because it's solid and also 2Pak solid paints come with abit of clear in them (SOLID's only)...
    My car to be honest, is pretty shiney but then again that's probably cause i always wax and polish her
    Gotta look after solid based paints more then clear coat paints IMO..

Good stuff with the painting dude

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Post up some pictures of what you got sprayed man Would be good to show the difference between acrylic and 2K, 2K is godlike! I love the stuff.

Just outta the booth

Thats a few..

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    Sweet!

Looks awesome.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1
    how can you make it that shine, if not apply any clear??
    how can you do that? what did u apply to make it looks shine