Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT

Honda Boosts Sporty Appeal of Accord Euro

Press release by Honda Australia

Honda Boosts Sporty Appeal of Accord Euro

Honda’s critically acclaimed Accord Euro gets a performance boost in an update for 2005. The Accord Euro Luxury - starting at $40,800 for the six-speed manual version - gains 17 - wheels and upgraded suspension, while a full-size spare wheel becomes standard equipment on both Accord Euro variants.

A new colour - Milano Red - is also available on Accord Euro and Accord Euro Luxury, which is matched to black interior trim.

Pricing remains unchanged - the Accord Euro is $34,250 for the six-speed manual and $36,250 for the 5-speed automatic, while the Luxury variant is $40,800 (manual transmission) and $42,800 with automatic transmission.

The 05 Accord Euro is available now at Honda dealerships nationally.

22 December 2004

I think this is a really nice red - far better than the ruby colour we have at the moment. Love the rims too. These things will fly out of the showrooms.
    Last edited by yfin; 01-01-2005 at 04:46 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05 Accord Euro
    The press release seems to confilct with their Euro website price page for the standard Euro:
    http://www.honda.com.au/Accord/Euro/...rice/price.htm

Version * RRP

Accord Euro
    6-speed manual $33,500
    5-speed automatic $35,500

Accord Euro Luxury
    6-speed manual $40,500
    5-speed automatic $42,500

* Recommended retail price.
    * Does not include dealer delivery and government charges.
    * Metallic & pearlescent paint an extra $300.

I assume only the Milano Red will be at the above listed prices.

The Honda website has old info, it's not updated yet.
    Better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    As far as I remember, the old 2004 website had the manual base model Euro at $34,250.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Team YCD President Array
    Car:
    Honbaru Yum Cha
    I should have bought my car NOW instead of THEN......
    146.8Kws @ Wheels Diesel CL9 Euro (SOLD), 2009 Honda VT Shadow, NC PRHT Mazda MX-5, Boxing SG Forester, Honda Civic Sport
    RenaultSport RS265 Trophy+

Team Yum Cha Daily - The Dim Sum Revolution

OzHonda's Public Relations Guru

Milano Red is a flat paint, therefore it is cheaper than other colors which are all Pearl paint.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Civic & 380GT
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroAccord13
    I should have bought my car NOW instead of THEN......
    I know what you mean - but Honda 9 times out of 10 will improve the new models. Imagine if you purchased the Euro just before a MAJOR update - this is a really minor update.

My boss paid $50K+ on a 03 Subaru Outback (the 6 cylinder one) just months before the new model came out (and the new one is sooo much better). He had no idea a new model was coming. I am also sure there are lots of people who purchased a Ford Falcon/Commodore at full list price just months before the update (ie to BA, etc). Those people should be pissed - not you
    Last edited by yfin; 02-01-2005 at 10:33 AM.

o4 Euro... [EUROTIC] Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Luxury
    they should be pissed cause they brought a ford or holden.... poor suckers
    [EUROTIC]
    04 Euro Luxury.... now retired

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    you can never keep up. We bought an MDX basically a few months after they came out and then a few months later, they threw in a DVD player and roof mounted screen at no extra cost.

I bought my CRV in 02 and then 2 months later, they brought out a version with leather which I would have paid extra for.

At the end of the day, you buy the car when you need it and shouldnt worry too much about the updates as they will happen regardless.

hmm 17' wheels and what type of upgraded suspension??.... doesnt seem that much of a performance upgrade :P
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    BLZ-ARW021
    I agree with yfin. This red is a much more appealing red IMO.

So, what's the confirmed pricing?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    05YM Integra Type S
    The 05YM pricing is correct on the Acc Euro website. This reflects the small price drop that several Honda models received on 01-Jan-05.

However, the 05YM spec changes, photos and colours have not been reflected on the Acc Euro website yet - only the prices at this stage.

The press release announcing the changes was issued on 22-Dec-04, so that had the old pricing listed on it (which was correct at the time).