Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: defect notice.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!

defect notice.

if you have been pulled over for a roadworthy inspection by the police, and they have inspected your car and come to a conclusion that your car is too low, without using the measuring tool,

can you sort of ask/ demand them to use the measuring tool?
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

im pretty sure that they cant just say the car is to low without using some sort of measuring device to prove it

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    we'll they obviously have that's why i asked that question, its only a defect notice, don't think it' will worth mouting off cause the vehicle is fairly low...
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14

Moderator Array
    Car:
    RiceTrolley.
    officers can defect you upon their own discretion, no tools are required
    凸-_-凸

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    if you have been pulled over for a roadworthy inspection by the police, and they have inspected your car and come to a conclusion that your car is too low, without using the measuring tool,

No, considering that you can get defected without actually driving the car or speak to the officers....ask my brother who received 4 defects in 6mths.

Then again, it doesn't take a genius to figure out which car is low to require a measuring instrument!

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by lsvtec View Post
    im pretty sure that they cant just say the car is to low without using some sort of measuring device to prove it

Oh yes they can. Here in NSW it happens all the time.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda.
    I got defected for my exhaust even when they didn't even check it with the decibel reader... mugen rep twin loop is quite as well!

But yeah no tools are required they just use common sense but some don't have any at all as they thought my radiator was an intercooler.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    we'll that's just odd, for an rta examiner who clears defects day in day out, were the ones who actually get the tools out, and say whether its roadworthy or not,,,

same goes with airbox without resenator and bottom box hooked up,
    if the rta examiner who is inspecting it sees that the filter is covered he can't go check under it etc,

Member Array
    Car:
    ..S2000..
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post

from my previous experiences they like to measure the height of the car with your drivers license upright...
    ..VTEC YO!..

pure N/A all the way

Ouch, your car must of been pretty low. Officers are getting stricter and stricter these days. They try to defect over anything possible, due to so many hoons these days. Hate it how cops target "done up" cars >< Goodluck getting out of it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic Sedan
    new laws mean you're defectable if you're low enough that your wheels are tucked under your guards

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyFD View Post
    new laws mean you're defectable if you're low enough that your wheels are tucked under your guards
    VIP stance cars are not gonna exist anymore at this rate