Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: defect notice.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Alright well the last cop who tried to give me a defect as i've had enough of the harassment i get on both my cars.

I quote "You are not a licensed vehicle tester, if that yellow sticker touches my window without a proper Roadworthy done, you will be cleaning the windscreen yourself and thats a promise"

7 months ago, i had enough of the shit, took a cop to court over harrassment charges. Paid my legal fees but i was sick and tired of the crap. Beauty of it all, i made the situation worse for myself as my uncle is a copper and my name is blacklisted so basically everytime i get pulled over, it's a bloody nightmare.... That's my story, some are alright though as someone else has said but it just REALLY depends on the time and moment... what mood they've started there shift in etc etc...

Comes down to luck... i've had some great cops & some real assoles but you gotta take the good with bad...
    If you feel like your being harrassed, send a letter to the OPI & if they gets no where, contact a solicitor on your behalf and then that gets things moving

So did that cop get charged for harassing you??

But yes, my rule is, just cop it sweet (no pun intended).

Awhile ago now, I had a fully sick car, many detectable stuff. Got pulled over cause I made it obvious by having yellow headlights. They pointed out a few things, I agreed and nodded. Got the defect and was happy cause I didn't get done for more.

Point is, if you know you have defects, just cop it because it may give you less hassles in the long run.
    Last edited by Nepolian; 13-09-2010 at 06:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nepolian View Post
    So did that cop get charged for harassing you??
    I had a noticed placed against the copper. He was put on his last notice, if he was to pull me over it must be for a genuine reason or he would be given the sack.
    Words said in court and with a letter sent to me from the OPI. (Office of Police Integrity)

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    I had a noticed placed against the copper. He was put on his last notice, if he was to pull me over it must be for a genuine reason or he would be given the sack.
    Words said in court and with a letter sent to me from the OPI. (Office of Police Integrity)
    OK....cause there would be heaps of cars out there that would be targeted or blacklisted due to prior indiscretions...