Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    The fixed safety cameras use a sensor on the road. There are 2 "boxes" if you look at the road just after the white line. They measure the speed of your car by the time it takes to activate the 2nd box after you pass the first box. The redlight function should use the first box and they take 2 shots about 0.5 seconds apart. If in the 2nd shot you are still going into the intersection, you get a red light camera fine.
    ^^This is correct,

BUT there are also line metal markings on the road itself.

They are like metal bars - almost like a gridlock and when your tyres roll over these they have sensors which determines your speed which then triggers the flash/camera to activate.

These gridlocks/or metal lines are also on the fixed speed cameras - especially where the fixed cameras have the school zones.

they are more accurate than these boxes at the intersection - there is no escape on the lines too once your wheels go over it your it! in any lane watsoever, unlike boxes they can be blocked by Huge Rig trucks etc.

next time i drive past one, ill pull over and take a snappy shot. so that everyone know what im talking about.
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    ^ I havent seen that before... your not talking about the metal wire they run across the road for surveying areas right?
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    SEX 24/7
    Quote Originally Posted by flipfire View Post
    ^ I havent seen that before... your not talking about the metal wire they run across the road for surveying areas right?
    Nah not those wires. Those are used for surveys and sometimes used to re-evaluate the speed zones by determining the number of cars and their speed.

Ill try to take a shot and post it up here yall
    ------------------------------------------------
    EGK20A - CIVIC Sleeper stylez

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 BB AP1
    i think what he is referring to are the metal wires embedded into the tarmac. theres usually a set on each side of the road (in the case of the new cameras) and probably only one set for the older cameras