Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek
    so anyone know the range or distance of a mobile speed camera ?
    12.949 @ 107.71mph
    2.063 60ft on Advan AD08
    EKK20A 142.9kw on 98ron

its not called stance if you're on spacers..

Member Array
    Car:
    Go Kart
    Laser works for up to 1km away but those mobile speed camera cars only set up the trap point like 50-200m away.

Last one i saw was after a bend in the road so you dont see it at all. bastards
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Y U DO DIS

Member Array
    Car:
    Gutted EF8
    There pretty easy to spot in Qld
    They ether use the old landcurisers and the camera is on the dash so you have to drive past it before u get caught so if your quick enough to spot them u can get lucky
    The new ones we got a Vito vans camera is on the back door and gets you before you pass it harder to spot but you can usualy see them parked
    They sick out cause there random and have aircons on the top of them
    But to be honest your more likely to get busted here by an undercover car cause they use anything even herd stories of them trying to race people in impounded cars
    They use to little lights on the sunvisor and they system can be moved into any car seen so many people pulled over by them

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    Quote Originally Posted by ninzee View Post

the red light part is simply if ur car crosses both loops when it is a red light the camera will go off, but all 4 wheels do need to cross loop 2 for the camera to flash on a red light
    In that photo your travelling towards the camera right (Downwards)? So it is true where you have two wheels in front of the 2nd line you won't be fined for red light?

Member Array
    Car:
    R34 GTT
    na ur going away from the camera so it takes a pic of ur ass but the camera shouldnt go off if u have already passed the 1st loop on the orange
    106.3 Kw Atw
    Boostech Performance

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    ahh okay thanks, so it's okay to still have your rear wheels on loop #2 whilst waiting at an intersection to turn even after it has turned red. Been doing that for my whole driving life, works.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1 -> DC2R
    BUMPP coz..was in a rush and didnt expect the loops to be fkn so wide apart.. anzac pde and moore park rd intersection turn.

I crossed the double like okay but my front wheels just passed the furthest line.

It was a double line first then a single line. I think my front wheels were JUST passed the single line when it went red. Couldnt tell if was a flash or not or someones headlights lol

think i got done by mobile speed camera, was going very quick down the hume, and saw the SUV so slammed the brakes, but i think i still went past it over the speed limit. whats the threshold of the camera? 6km+ or what, and how bigs the fine?
    FS: BMW E60 04' 530i

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    does anybody know the range/ distance for safety cameras? is it within the intersection box? thanks
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Not too sure. But not too far from the intersection.They work your speed out from two pictures. You'll know cause its like a road train with mega fog lights high beaming you twice. First image is a pic of you crossing the first initial sensor. about a 1-1.5 second gap for the second image which should catch you in the act doing whatever you shouldnt be. From those two images they work out your speed.

If they have an image of you running the red light, and your going so fast not in the second image. The sensor on the other side of the road will get you.
    Last edited by DakDak; 15-04-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by na-118 View Post
    does anybody know the range/ distance for safety cameras? is it within the intersection box? thanks
    The fixed safety cameras use a sensor on the road. There are 2 "boxes" if you look at the road just after the white line. They measure the speed of your car by the time it takes to activate the 2nd box after you pass the first box. The redlight function should use the first box and they take 2 shots about 0.5 seconds apart. If in the 2nd shot you are still going into the intersection, you get a red light camera fine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    D15B7 YOOOOOO!
    thanks for info guys
    Check out my build thread EGB16T. http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...build../page14
    Check out my for sale thread constantly updated with b series/ eg parts!

Wakefield Honda Nationals First Timer : na-118 EG b16 1:16.4900