Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by viperx
    interestingly the ua accord is sold as the inspire in japan and it looks better here. how do the japs make everything look better?!?
    Cos their's is built in Japan, priced in a bracket just underneath the legend... Not like our Thai el-cheapo bargain for the money.

Member Array
    Car:
    datsun 200b
    how bout the Oddeseys?? where are the cheap cheap discount for them?

also guys ipods only last for 18 months..
    u cant even change the batterys in them
    lolz

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon-Accord
    how bout the Oddeseys?? where are the cheap cheap discount for them?

also guys ipods only last for 18 months..
    u cant even change the batterys in them
    lolz

Ken
    When the new Odyssey was released last June, it was close to 8000 cheaper than the previous model. What more can we ask?

As for the iPods.... I'm sure you could negotiate a $400 discount or something similar value if you don't want it.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Honda has also lowered the Dealer margin on the Jazz as well to bugger all so other than what is provided with the tarrif cut don't exepct amazing amounts of discount. Honda supply the Ipod not the dealer so I don't think you will find the dealer giving you another $400 dollars off as they simply don't have the margin to play with.
    Red Honda Jazz Vti-S, Updated stereo, Subwoofer, Red Trim Kit, Sports Grille.

Member Array
    Car:
    2002 CRV Sport
    Man I don't know how you guys can say that they don't make good margin on their cars and how there is no room to move.

I have seen a dealers price list on their cars. Yes the margin seems extrodinarily low. However I doubt this is the real value of the cars. This is probably what they want to show their sales guys and the customers to get the best price. The real price the dealers pay is probably a secret that only the Dealer principle and CFO know.

If they made the margin they say they make, the wouldnt be able to survive!

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    Mate I have seen the dealer prices they pay for the Car I have a friend that is a Sales Manager at a Honda Dealer. Yes they do make make money on some cars more than others. But a lot of their income is in servicing the cars and selling spares.

Quote Originally Posted by Peekay34
    Honda has also lowered the Dealer margin on the Jazz as well to bugger all so other than what is provided with the tarrif cut don't exepct amazing amounts of discount. Honda supply the Ipod not the dealer so I don't think you will find the dealer giving you another $400 dollars off as they simply don't have the margin to play with.
    To a certain extend that true. But the difference in the margin is negligible. What really should deter the dealer's from ridiculous discount is the demand this campaign should create- they will find a buyer for their car, why not sell to someone who can give them a better profit....

Dealers pay for the iPod. They will organise something else for the customer to roughly the same value if customer is willing to accept.

Ozhonda Supporter Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz
    I will check the fact about the IPOD being paid for by the dealer is true and let you know tomorrow.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Euro 2004

Talking Q. How much did I pay for a Euro Standard

$41,000 on the road
    includes $500 for paint protection.
    includes $500 for deep green window tint
    includes 12 month rego
    includes automatic
    includes metalic paint

Quote Originally Posted by gundam
    I think the ads are due to hit airwaves on this weekend, although there are un-foreseen production problems that it might be delayed for couple of days. But in the mean time your local dealer would be receiving full details of the offer within this week so if you are intending to buy your car this weekend you'll be right.

It's easy to tell whether if the dealer know about the new offer- they would have posted the "Honda January Clearance" banner on their dealership. Can't miss them.

I wanna know how you know all this info gundam????
    If Honda is changing prices and ads are about to hit the airwaves then that would all be pretty top secret stuff. You must be an insider to know this or have a contact taking some very serious risks in leaking it to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners
    I wanna know how you know all this info gundam????
    If Honda is changing prices and ads are about to hit the airwaves then that would all be pretty top secret stuff. You must be an insider to know this or have a contact taking some very serious risks in leaking it to you!
    Not really. All the info I posted on the forum are availble to the public one way or other. For example the new price list I got from a Honda Press release on Autoweb http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_103654/newsarticle.html , while the iPod deal is apperantly known to NSW dealers for a long time, yet cannot be disclosed to the general public til this month for obvious reasons.