Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Low Down Lag

Question Low Down Lag

Hi Guys, Im Posting up a few problems i have been having of late so if anyone can help me it would be much appreciated.

1. Sometimes when i take of i am getting amazing amounts of lag in the engine where its bogging down to the point where its almost cutting out (The lag im talking about is like taking of in 4th gear or simular on a flat surface) and then it just kicks in and drives normally. (It has a full tank of fuell at all times, so its not that)

2. When cold the car is quite zippy and vtech is great, it seems that when the car is warming up its loosing a bit of pep. (Did not happen before and i dont think its heat soak in my CAI Piping)

3. I smell a burning smell sometimes simular to an electric/oil. Its hard to discribe.

Thanks.
    VTEC YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1 S13
    FYS

My fake shit rocks!
    Winton 1:35.4
    Wakefield 1:07.87

Its not this, it doesnt drop in idle at all. Its just struggles to get anywhere at low rpm on take-off. Thanks for your imput tho mate, much appreciated.
    VTEC YO!

is the engine bogging down when you are ready to move ?
    if it is, its likely to be the heat the engine is swallowing (regardless of intake type - i suffer this with a snorkel type intake)

what i do is just rev it higher up and cycle the crap air that the car was swallowing, then go again. ive stalled because of this in the past.
    its alot more apparent when the car infront has an exhaust exit on the right side

Moderator Array
    Car:
    s2k,ED,EG
    Sure its not your clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by ChromZ View Post
    is the engine bogging down when you are ready to move ?
    if it is, its likely to be the heat the engine is swallowing (regardless of intake type - i suffer this with a snorkel type intake)

what i do is just rev it higher up and cycle the crap air that the car was swallowing, then go again. ive stalled because of this in the past.
    its alot more apparent when the car infront has an exhaust exit on the right side
    Could be that, ill have to check that out.
    VTEC YO!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    Sure its not your clutch?
    Definaetly not the cluch.
    VTEC YO!

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    try changing spark plugs, cleaning your throttle body with cleaner, and giving a map whack also check all the vacuum hoses near the throttle body as some come loose or get pinched and cause your car to run abit rough

Thanks for your input mate, i think ill get to that this weekend and see if it makes any difference.

Once again thanks to all who had some Imput into my thread, your comments and information are very valuable to myself and other s2000 owners with simular Problems.
    VTEC YO!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    WHITE CL9 & AP1
    I am also experiencing this now. The car feels normal first thing in the morning, however in the afternoon especially when I have been driving for over an hour, I can feel the car lag a lot. However, mine is most noticeable in first and second gear. It happened last night driving home in peak hour traffic, I turned the corner and started to accelerate and it stated to lag a lot, so I accelerated harder and even the VTEC was slow and unresponsive!! The lag is really frustrating and makes me want to get out of the car and just walk home.
    I don't believe its the spark plugs as I have changed mine under 30,000kms ago.

asps91, please let me know how you go with it. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    s2000
    Definately not spark plugs, have the same problem with the lag. Changed my spark plugs 5000 kms ago

Member Array
    Car:
    s2k
    it can also be heat soak from the air intake when the engine bay gets really hot and sucks up alot of heat from the air filter.