Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinyo View Post
    u can always be patient and find bargains on second hand parts (most parts you have listed DO pop up from time to time). Save urself from paying $1800 for a "mugen" catback which gives very little gain for such a lot of money. Dont go brand new.
    The only problem is since such parts are so sought after, you have to keep your eye on the for sale threads very, very constantly. Blink and you'll miss these bargain second hand parts lol

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    Can go wrong with Fujitsubo =). I know you've considered the RM01A, but if you want a Fujitsubo thats a little louder than RM01A and sounds nice also, the Powergetter is the go. They're both around $1350-$1450 pending on exchange rate (or at least thats what I've been quoted).

Buddyclub spec III is obnoxiously loooooooooud imo, lol. Mate used to have one (now changed to TODA catback hehe)
    I have decided to go fujitsubo the only decision i need to make now is either to get the RM01A or the Powergetter ... is there any particular reason to choose one over the other ? i want something with decent gains in performance and also sounds the part but not too loud to attract too much cop attention as i am still on p plates =D

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Ive got X-Force system (Catback to Cannon) Fantastic Exhaust System can't go wrong no lies!!
    Feels great, sounds great and much less restrictive.. Can't go wrong with the price either
    how much does a X Force system cost ? and does it provide good gains ? lasts of all how does it fair up to the Fujitsubo system ? cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    the powegetter fits your description. ive heard the rm01a, and even with headers, its still pretty quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince_James View Post
    how much does a X Force system cost ? and does it provide good gains ? lasts of all how does it fair up to the Fujitsubo system ? cheers

i paid $800, 5 year gurantee on the part and workmanship (stainless Steel) I can recommend this block, his on the northern side of town..
    I haven't seen dyno's of it but compared to OEM, it does give gains.. Car does feel alot better aswell cause as i said, it's not as restricting PLUS it's not as loud as you may think..
    I'd grab a video for you but my car is currently getting fixed lol
    Please also remember... its not really your catback that gives your gains... it's the choice of header..

Your header gives more noticeable gains then what your exhaust does to let you know.
    Last edited by WATAJK; 14-08-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    i paid $800, 5 year gurantee on the part and workmanship (stainless Steel) I can recommend this block, his on the northern side of town..
    I haven't seen dyno's of it but compared to OEM, it does give gains.. Car does feel alot better aswell cause as i said, it's not as restricting PLUS it's not as loud as you may think..
    I'd grab a video for you but my car is currently getting fixed lol
    Please also remember... its not really your catback that gives your gains... it's the choice of header..

Your header gives more noticeable gains then what your exhaust does to let you know.
    mmm i am prolly looking at getting Injen CAI and Toda headers just trying to work out what to do for exhaust now and i wanna get high flow cat soo yer
    would u mind posting a vid of ur car with the X Force after its fixed ? that would be a great help
    cheers

Yeah sure no worries mate

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince_James View Post
    Would u recommend any other exhaust system other than the mugen ... I want something that sounds the goods but isnt too loud or drony but gives good gains as well ...
    For instance would u recommend lets say a xforce system ?
    What about buddy club are they pricey as well ? I heard they were loud?
    Well, FGK/RM01A/HKS Silent Hi-Power would be a good choice judging from your preference. I don't know much about XForce, but judging from the first hand experience/feedback from WATAJK; it seems to be another alternative you can look into. Join Clubitr and have a look at some of the parts there; as there are more DC5 parts on sale there; and once you get to know some of the guys from there, you can even get first dibs on parts if it does go on sale lol. IMO go with headers first, then a catback to suit. or a rear sway bar if your car is stock. feel more of a diff.
    Last edited by Zinyo; 15-08-2010 at 11:44 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinyo View Post
    Well, FGK/RM01A/HKS Silent Hi-Power would be a good choice judging from your preference. I don't know much about XForce, but judging from the first hand experience/feedback from WATAJK; it seems to be another alternative you can look into. Join Clubitr and have a look at some of the parts there; as there are more DC5 parts on sale there; and once you get to know some of the guys from there, you can even get first dibs on parts if it does go on sale lol. IMO go with headers first, then a catback to suit. or a rear sway bar if your car is stock. feel more of a diff.
    thankss for the pointers mate, sorry noob question if i wanted to buy something like the exhaust and want it brand new where bouts can i get it i know of websites such as nengun and stuff who ship it from over seas but are their any other websites such as jdm yard or places i can go ? i figured that a good exhaust would set me back about $1500 + then CAI would be about $500 how much do headers cost i was thinking TODA headers or maybe spoon 4-2-1 but im still noob with headers any suggestions there ?
    cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    PM'ing Adrian at Toda, the headers and cat will set you back $1775 and $650 respectively (DC5R). Lots of $$$$, but you get what you pay for =)

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC5R, FD1
    Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    PM'ing Adrian at Toda, the headers and cat will set you back $1775 and $650 respectively (DC5R). Lots of $$$$, but you get what you pay for =)
    cheers for that mate so if i wanted to get the mods i wanted to do it will be
    $1775 TODA headers
    $650 Cat
    $1500 Powergetter or RM01A not sure yet
    $500 Injen CAI
    Kpro = $???
    Tein SS coilovers $1800
    so it should be about $5700 all up without K pro ( gonna purchase one at a time xP not that loaded )

Member Array
    Car:
    Yellow EG =D
    5.7 for just that setup?
    think your going too much on the big brands. but its really up to you.

take your time and dont rush with your car. have u considered a turbo on a k-series ?
    i know your on p's but later down the track.
    but if ur serious abt that list go the COILOVERS FIRST
    goodluck
    WINTON PB - 1:48.9
    EG5 1.6L SOHC