Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703

DC5R Exhaust O2 Sensor

I needed a new oxygen sensor, so yes I went and brought a new one, installed yet, tried to do an ecu reset (battery trick), turn the car on yet the CEL remains.

So the question is, do I need to clear the code to get rid of the CEL light?

Even after the oxygen sensor change the exhaust still smells rich and eggy, so would clearing the code fix this?

Another thing, is there any other fuses I should check to see if its blown (pretty much checked every fuse under the hood and under the steering wheel and none are blown).

Suggestions are welcome
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Below is the procedure to reset the ECU, try that and see what happens. Which oxygen sensor was broken?

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    primary yo, ill give that a shot when i get my hands on the scan tool and a blow torch to check if my other o2 sensor was faulty or was it writing

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    wen I had a CEL lgiht, i just d/c battery and it reset the ECU.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    I recently changed my headers and had a CEL afterwards, turned out I had not plugged the oxygen sensor in properly at the connectors....fail. So yeah, wouldn't hurt to double check those connectors have fully clicked in. I also did the battery diconnect and stand on the brake pedal ecu reset after.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    Quote Originally Posted by r3ckless View Post
    wen I had a CEL lgiht, i just d/c battery and it reset the ECU.
    unfortunately that didn't work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Nighthawk_S View Post
    I recently changed my headers and had a CEL afterwards, turned out I had not plugged the oxygen sensor in properly at the connectors....fail. So yeah, wouldn't hurt to double check those connectors have fully clicked in. I also did the battery diconnect and stand on the brake pedal ecu reset after.
    what does standing on the brake pedal do?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG5 VTI
    Some people say that when you disconnect the battery you have to wait a while for residual stored power to drain. Standing on the brakes is supposed to drain this residual power straight away...apparently. Someone electrically minded might be able to say if there is actually any point to doing this.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    ah would be the same thing as turning on the low beams to drain out the remaining current in the car

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Did you get the CEL code read to determine that it was the primary O2 sensor that was faulty?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    i didnt get the obd2 tool but i used that 4-9pin obd socket trick to get the code

so that how u reset a ECU lol thanks ChargeR

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    my cel lgiht kept on appearing becuase ofmy headers/cat .. had 2 get a defouler installed..