Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE

Unhappy CD Accord front brake issue HELP PLEASE

Hi

I was going to machin my brake disk today but the guy told me that my front disk is together with the hub. Is it normal??? He told me if i want to change the disk he will need to break the berring as well, is it true??

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Yes, the honda engineers didn't think it through on our CD model. So we're stuck with Hub over rotor design. ONE DISCREPANCY that guy must be full of shit as 90% shops in australia would machine the disk while it's on the car. There is no requirement to remove the disk to skim off surface in current facilities. But as I said about Hub over rotor, you must remove the bearing from hub (not break) in order to remove your disk.

This is from one of my DIY

The Hub and Disk

The Hub after removing bearing/rotor assembly

The rotor with wheel bearing

CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    Thanks for the reply. He said he could machine the disk but he said he might have to break the bearing to take the disk out if i want to replace the disk as the current one is kind of thin now.. And idea where to buy a new set of rotors?? Dont really want to buy the standard as its not cheap,was thinking of getting some kind of slotted rotors. Any recommandtion??

Member Array
    Car:
    CR-V
    Any brake shop can source one. Pretty sure you can source DBA or RDA brand about $140 a pair.
    CR-V RD1 - The Daily
    V36 - Weekender
    R33 - Track Warrior

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 euro 07
    i realised this issue when i gave the CD5 to my gf, i wanted to change new discs and in the end, I payed $30 to get the front discs machined, now it breaks smoothly with no shuttering!
    5 hondas in 1 life is enough!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    AP1, Jazz GE
    lucky for you..my disk is not worth machine as the guy said if he machine the disk it will only last about 6 months but leave it as it is it will last about 12 months..