Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir, for now

Loud creaks and squeaks coming from my BB6

Today i was driving my car out to get ready to work and i notice this sound coming from my car ( from the front driver side). it started from the brakes and i would hear squeaks and creaks when im braking and i thought to myself " This isnt right at all" but i proceed to drive thinking it might be minor. then when it came to turning, the creaking sound would get louder and i was thinking whats up with this

i never heard these sounds coming from my car before.

what do you guys think the issue might be

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG hatch
    Hey.. Have you done any work on your car recently that may relate to the noises? If not, id have a look at the brake rotor stone shield plate behind the rotor which maybe bent outter shape and rubbing at times or have a stick or some object jammed in it. While your there you could check how worn your brake pads are too, inside and outside pads...See how you go.. Goodluck
    If it aint VTEC .........Fix it!!

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir, for now
    nah, no work on the car since my last service which was like a month ago.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir, for now
    went to the workshop and they say its possibly caused by the steering rack.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    if your accelerating and turning the wheel left /right or slight turns then its steering rack.
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    when braking? maybe got a small rock stuck between pad/rotor.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BB6 ATTS
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    if your accelerating and turning the wheel left /right or slight turns then its steering rack.
    I think that it would be more likely to be Drive-shafts (or more precisely the CV Joints) with those symptoms?
    AMSOIL 10w30/Ea013 @ 5k OCI's, AMSOIL MTF Synchromesh, RE002's @ F 40/R 38 PSI; 9.23L/100kms. Suburban(Minimal Freeway).

Self Tuned (Road). Dyno soon.

Member Array
    Car:
    97 Prelude Vtir, for now
    been a while since i made this thread. it was the steering rack and drive shaft which both had to be replaced

Hey dude... sometimes it maybe from your swaybar rubbers... in this case it wasnt. But yeh they tend to stiffen up after a while and you just spray them with this anti squeek spray stuff. It works
    Vti-R