Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Air Jordan IV

Exhaust systems...

Hey all... jst wanted some opinion on what sort of exhaust system i shud upgrade to (currently Xforce, which is ok) i have a budget of $800/$900, i have several options on my mind but still undecided... any input wud be great.... oh ye i drive a 5th gen lude ATTS..... cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    3rd gen. Prelude
    go a set of performance extractors/headers,and 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 inch piping all the way through with a high flow cat n sports muffler...that'll prolly work out at around ur budget

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    tanabe hyper medallion.. around 900-1000 for complete cat-back designed for 5th Gen.. + installation shouldnt be much at all..

Or Greddy Evo 2 cat-back.. lil dearer I think...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Air Jordan IV
    mbilic / [stealth] appreciate the info.... thnx

Member Array
    Car:
    94 prelude h22a
    i wouldnt replace the headers, i would go cat back 2-1/4 and find yourself a nice muffler!

Member Array
    Car:
    1998 BB6 Prelude VTiR
    Go a decent cat back 2.25 - 2.5 inch (considering the Mugen is 2.45inches, they can't be that wrong) and leave it at that. You won't make any difference with headers unless you spend $1500 - Anything less is worse than standard - remember, the standard headers are piped, not cast.

That or pick up a set of JDM Type S headers.....

Try and get a late model Honda Legend Cat too....

Are you interested in performance? or looks or sound?

As mcchook said, leave the headers, the stock prelude ones are already quite good and you wont recieve much gains unless you go with the better quality ones.

wpn22's idea is also a good one, and would prolly save you some money too!! decent set up for around 500 or so!

Have you considered a thermal for ur 5th gen?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Air Jordan IV
    i've received pretty much the same sugestions from several mates of mine about keeping the headers with my budget.... if not i'll prolly be saving abit more and get a quality ones....

NEway WPN.22/McChook/jdm element appreciate the knowledge.....

Moderator Array
    Car:
    BB2
    Quote Originally Posted by JDM Element
    As mcchook said, leave the headers, the stock prelude ones are already quite good and you wont recieve much gains unless you go with the better quality ones.
    Yep, standard ones are good - but if you do get headers you'll only really get the most of them after some cam timing

-az

Member Array
    Car:
    EKD
    slip an email to these guys.. they can look after u if ur looking for quality..

http://www.jdmyard.com/
    info@jdmyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    1997 Prelude VTi-r
    Quote Originally Posted by PRELUDIN
    Hey all... jst wanted some opinion on what sort of exhaust system i shud upgrade to (currently Xforce, which is ok) i have a budget of $800/$900, i have several options on my mind but still undecided... any input wud be great.... oh ye i drive a 5th gen lude ATTS..... cheers
    Mine is all xforce.
    I had this done at best mufflers at Carlton. Great shop, great workmanship and the people who works there are great too especially the owner Chris Myles. Check it out.
    http://www.bestmufflers.com/Xforce_E...da_Prelude.htm
    Last edited by filo; 05-04-2005 at 08:04 PM. Reason: wrong link

S2Krazy Array
    link doesnt work.
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...