Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model

Some advice needed-My Accord Euro Front bumper damaged!!!

Hi guys,

Today when i tried to get my car out from my garage i turned the wheel bit earlier and the right hand side front bumper hit in my colorbond fence.. Please see the attached 4 pictures for more details..It made me really sad as there is a gap between the panel and front bumper joint and scratches as well(those brown colors are the paint from the brown colorbond fence)....I bumper still feels firm(not feel like comming off), i tried to push bit firm to realign it, but didnt work, seems like the clips may have broken or came out(you guys see that gap in the 4th picture)

I thought HOnda dealer service centre can fix this and sent mail to RIck damelian honda where i bought my car, the salesguy sold me the guy rang me in the evening. he said this type of fix can be done only by panelbeaters and he know a friend personally in petersham NSW, he may quote around 400-500 to fix this and respray professionally, no one can tell the different between new car and after respray....He said i may have to leave the car with him for couple of days to do this...He said i can still drive the car as is but wont looks nice..

NOw this makes me thing as well, one of the known friend mentioned its better to put the sports Aero front bumper, which is much better and comes with foglight... As my car is base model and didnt have foglight i was planning to install foglight and now seems like this is a good time....

Now guys, give me some advices...Has anyone fix front bumper for euro with any panel beaters in Sydney(i live in western suburb near Parramatta)and how is the rough estimate or anyone recently buy and install aero sports front bumper and how much that cost including fitting fees....

I am more leaning to if the front aero bumper cost under 1000, i may go with change the bumper form honda dealer. BUt dont know which dealer is cheap...

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14082010069..jpg 
Views:	769 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	15654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14082010064..jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	15655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14082010070..jpg 
Views:	556 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	15656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14082010065..jpg 
Views:	564 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	15657  

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Keep the origional bumper,the non origional one will cheapen the cars looks.

Maybee its a good opportunity to have the foglights fitted now though ???

GOOD LUCK.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Hi Raja, that is really unfortunate to happen. Maybe try a paint cleaner to remove some of the colour off first? Can you feel the scratches (If not you can fix it yourself with some ScratchX 2.0)

Aero bumper is not under $1000. It's actually more than that! I think it was around 1100-1200$ excluding foglights.

Try removing the whole bumper off and fit it on again (not sure if that will help but could help with some aligning). As you said could be just a clip. Other people will probably have some better advice on this.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    THanks Anthony.. The bumper i meant is from Honda website, its a genuine Aero bumper comes with foglight (please see tihs website) http://euro.honda.com.au/optional-extras.aspx

THis means the aero front bumper comes already with color coded with silver from honda isn't it.

Only on Monday i have to check with dealers and don't know any other good panael beaters in Western suburb area in Sydney..

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I have seen those aero bumpers,and dont like the look,keep your car origional,it will always look best that way.

And it would look strange to have the front aero,and the back origional.

Future buyers might question why the origional front bumper was replaced...

Just my honest opinion...

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Oh damn praja I feel for you. I would be devestated if that happened to me.

I m leaning towards original bumper too, unless u do the whole car up ie front & back bumpers + side skirts. Just get original + foggies and it'll look pretty good.

Mike

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesVtec View Post

I m leaning towards original bumper too, unless u do the whole car up ie front & back bumpers + side skirts. Just get original + foggies and it'll look pretty good.

Mike
    Hi MIkesvtec,

THanks. I know i was really sad, then what to do it happend.. You can't go back to that time like in time machine and change/correct my mistake.So you rekon can buy a brand new normal original bumper from Honda? I will give few dealers a ring tomorrow and see.. ANy idea how much would the original normal bumper would cost, plus fitting..

THanks heaps..

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by MikesVtec View Post

Mike
    Thats what I was trying to say...lol,I agree with you Mike.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by praja6 View Post
    Hi MIkesvtec,

THanks. I know i was really sad, then what to do it happend.. You can't go back to that time like in time machine and change/correct my mistake.So you rekon can buy a brand new normal original bumper from Honda? I will give few dealers a ring tomorrow and see.. ANy idea how much would the original normal bumper would cost, plus fitting..

THanks heaps..
    From your photo, the damage looks superficial (ie. no big crack or deformity). I would suggest taking it to a reputable panel beater which specalises in plastic repair. It will cost a few hundred dollars for repair and re-spray but it will be a lot cheaper than getting a brand new bumper. A brand new bumper is likely to be in $1000+ category.

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Hey Raj, sorry about the scratch mate.
    Here's an idea, buy a lip kit like the mugen or type s, and get that sprayed and fitted at the same time they spray the front bumper.
    $400 - $500 is the usual price for the bumper respray, I got quickly quoted $600 for front bumper respray last week here in Darwin.
    I want to buy a lip kit, so if we get a few of us together, we can get for cheaper! The whole lot would probably cost less than a Honda aero bumper!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Auto
    Quote Originally Posted by limleong View Post
    From your photo, the damage looks superficial (ie. no big crack or deformity). I would suggest taking it to a reputable panel beater which specalises in plastic repair. It will cost a few hundred dollars for repair and re-spray but it will be a lot cheaper than getting a brand new bumper. A brand new bumper is likely to be in $1000+ category.
    This is probably the way I'd go. Save some $. However for a new bumper, perhaps go to the Honda Wreckers. They sell new bumpers too at much cheaper price than the dealers.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    The bumper alignment can be fixed. For the paint damage, try cleaning it with ScratchX or similar first so that you can see if the clear coat has been damaged. There are a few small spots with paint missing. You can either respray the whole bumper and part of the quarter panel to match for $500 or so, or use touch up paint. With touch up paint, it will never be invisible. All it does is try to cover it up and prevent the paint from further peeling. You will see the touch up paint as it is obvious.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2