Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    i'm seriously looking into transplanting a b16a into my civic, was jsut wondering if anyone on here has done the job themselves??

is it very complex or can it done easily?

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Justin & Hayden
    Well you can ask Danny soon. He's planning on doing the conversion. Apart from that I have heard that it is simple. Hardest thing really is wiring I guess...

If you have the wiring diagrams and a bit of mechanical knowledge you should be able to do it yourself. bengbear on here has done the B16A swap.

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    well i do have basic mechanical knowledge...
    just have to get hold of a hoist for the engine and might have to get the wiring done by a pro.

anyone else that has done it??

Where are you based?

If you do a search on Honda-Tech i'm sure you will find wiring diagrams to help you out.

www.honda-tech.com

im keen
    i want to do it !
    but i know nothin bout price or anythin

please tell me/forward to me all u know

i rekn the civic wif a b16a will hammer !
    power to weight ratio

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    the local civic vti-r has a b16a

try and take one for a drive, friends, steal it (LOL) etc...

they are great!!

Hey mate.. You can get a front cut from about $2200 to about $3000 depending on where you go.. You might need to pay interstate shipping fees which may cost up to $300 again depending on where you go. As for labour, if you can do it yourself, its gonna save you quite a bit. All parts needed for the conversion will be in the front cut unless of coz the seller is dodgy and starts removing things like the radiator, distributor etc but most should be fine. If you are gonna get a mechanic to install it, the price varies.. its best that you change a new clutch and also new timing belt when u do the conversion. Save you money in the long run. If you need any more info, pls pm me.. You should try to set aside at least $4500 (if you getting a mechanic to install it)

Does a B16A converted civic EG vti have to be engineered?

I was thinking maybe because the engine is still a 1.6, you might be able to get away without the papers :?

any ideas?

Disabled Array
    Car:
    Type-MO
    yea probably...don't see how a engine conversion can escape from getting a engineer's certificate

it will prob. have to be engineered, would be less work converting it from a vti as compared to a breeze tho.
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    civic vti
    thanks for te info guys.. jsut starting to save my money now.
    dcii_SIR i'll pm you most likey when i get closer to getting it for more info..

cheers everyone!