Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speaker advice

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 RB1 LUX

Question Speaker advice

Hey all

Just new to the forums and new to the whole Honda juggernaut.

Bought myself an 05 Odyssey Luxury. Done under 35000k's.
    Bargain.

Noob question coming up.

Just wanted to know what the original speaker output wattages are and are they any good compared to what I have. They sound pretty loud enough to me.
    Got a boxed set of JBL GTO607c that's been sitting around for ages. 210W 6 1/2" mains with a pair of tweeters.

Also, I think I asked this question in the intro section, but since I'm in here, does anyone know where I can get my hands on the owner's manual? Download? Can't seem to locate it anywhere.

Cheers & see ya all 'round.

welcome to this family men section..... i changed the OEM speakers after 6 months of ownerships and unable to locate them again to tell the output. it will help a bit if changed to yr JBL but not expecting much with OEM unit. u after owners manual from Honda Australia or manual for dismantling yr RB1? just shout here which installation manual you are after then someone will able to assist if they have any. happy modding!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 RB1 LUX
    Hey there...thanks for the welcome...yes, family men section. =D

Yeah, I'm after the Aus 05 Ody manual (I guess?). Looking to pimp it out...or as far as my wife will tolerate.

yeah, I figured unless I change the head unit, I ain't gonna get much more out of it...I do have one that came with my JBL's. A Kenwood something or rather. I just don't know if it's worth the trouble to rip out the 3 disk CD changer down below for this single head unit...kind of going backwards...so it may look like the speakers might have to stay for now until someone can suggest a better option of getting more grunt from the stereo unit.

i misunderstand thought u are referring to the log book..... believe there is no such thing of owners manual for our RB1.
    you can use high power hooking up an amp for the JBLs which will be good as well.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 RB1 LUX
    Ahhh....I see...really? I've got the service manual. No handbook? So how does anyone know where everything is then? Anyone got one lying about that they don't want?

So as long as I go get a half decent amp (any recommendations on how many watts required without blowing the standard deck? How many channel amp? I have no idea...total noob to the audio scene) hooked up with my JBL's I'd get a decent sound boost?

Also, something interesting...I rang up Burswood Honda today and they told me that there ain't any more owner's handbooks for my '05. However they still have the '07 handbook...guess how much they want to charge me for it?

$80.
    Last edited by CroC; 17-08-2010 at 01:53 PM.

i think some wreckers/junk yards will have the owners manual, try....
    not an ICE guys so can't recommend any setup..... basically a 4 ch amp can supports 4 speakers so depends on how many speakers you want to wire up the amp.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 RB1 LUX
    OK cheers bro. I'll give it a try.

Oh and I just discovered that my CD player ain't a stacker.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    If your car is a lux model, the cd should be a stacker.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    If you want to get more grunt out of the standard head unit, then just depends how far you want to go. Get yourself a decent amplifier with signal level inputs and then splice into the OEM head unit speaker wires and connect to the amp's inputs. Then run amplified speaker wires to the individual speakers and test and tune your amplifier accordingly. If the speakers can't handle it, then look to swap out the speakers. I've not cracked my Oddy open yet for audio... yet. Then again, I listen to the news rather than to music nowadays anyway. So sad....

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '05 RB1 LUX
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Meh?

How's that? You see, if I had the owner's manual (which I'm still looking for), I'd know that. LOL.

So when I press the CD/AUX button, this is what happens. It goes to a "CD-C DISC" flashing message...what does that mean? How do I put the next CD in? I tried and it wouldn't go in. What size is the stacker?
    I'm a total Honda, let alone Ody noob. I would be eternally grateful for any advice.

Quote Originally Posted by snug_gles View Post
    If you want to get more grunt out of the standard head unit, then just depends how far you want to go. Get yourself a decent amplifier with signal level inputs and then splice into the OEM head unit speaker wires and connect to the amp's inputs. Then run amplified speaker wires to the individual speakers and test and tune your amplifier accordingly. If the speakers can't handle it, then look to swap out the speakers. I've not cracked my Oddy open yet for audio... yet. Then again, I listen to the news rather than to music nowadays anyway. So sad....
    I'm with you with the listening to the news part...I'm sad and old...News Radio is what I listen to a lot...
    I asked around and got a $200 quote to install a silly amp. I'll have to ask a mate to help me do it for a beer.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    EDIT: Wait...I just found the stacker...it's under the seat! BUWAHAHA...now that would've saved me a lot of time if somebody told me earlier it was there...probably my fault coz I gotten so used to my last car's (X5) stacker which was at the back
    Last edited by CroC; 20-08-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2008 odyssey
    how good is the standard amp under the passenger seat, im assuming its not that good??????????????

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey
    News radio 585... hahaha... I was going to write that in my original posting, but thought that I'd get laughed off.

However, the fact that your CD stacker is under the seat doesn't match up with most other lux models that I've researched where it is at the bottom of the centre console.

Unless of course your head unit and CD stacker are aftermarket when you bought it and they've used a steering wheel adapater/controller to get it all working. In which case, if it is aftermarket, you'll have RCA's.... but the fact that the stacker is under one of the seats means that you'll probably have to install any amp under the other front seat or somewhere else.