Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 Civic Sport

Hey guys,

I've had my Civic Sport 2007 8th Gen for 7 months now. I was wandering can I purchase VSA (Vehicle Stability Assistance) and TC (Traction Control) for my car? Or can I purchase any type of Stability Assistance for the Civic? If so how much approximately?

Thanks guys.
    Last edited by flashy; 17-08-2010 at 01:09 AM.

I'm pretty sure that the FD series come with VSA and TC if im not correct? ive got a '10 FD1 and its got both. Im pretty sure that the FD2 would have the VSA and TC from my knowledge.

I think the 2006 & 2007 Civic Sports dont come with VSA and TC. Only 2008 and above do. I was hoping I can install them or any other aftermarket one.

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    if you are really willing to install one go to honda, it will cost an arm and a leg though, imo i find TC on a FWD car useless though
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

is it really useless for TC and Stability control for FWD? Whats pros and cons for TC and stability control?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    YOu clearly don't know what it's for.

If you enter a corner and accelerate, you'll understeer in a FWD, or oversteer in a RWD. Traction control will modify your acceleration signal to stop you from letting any wheels slip and you potentially killing urself.

Ur car already has EBD anyway, that's good enough i suppose

Traction and Stability control will eliminate understeer?

VOLTEX Array
    Car:
    Bus Route 703
    ^ yea by retarding the throttle, save the money, if you're smart enough when you feel it understeering or wheel spin just use less throttle (if you daily your car you wouldnt have this problem)

if you really want it so badly, why not just sell the 07 sport and buy an 08 sport?
    Winton 1:37.76 Phillip Island 1:55.27

Nah I'll keep my 07 lol. I was just thinking if it's not costly I would install it but if not then I wont worry. Ill save the coins.

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I still don't understand how the 07 sport doesn't have VSA. I was so sure it did

Yeah unfortunately it doesnt, 2008 and above Civic's have them.

I was really disappointed as well when i found out that it was an optional for the '06 model as well. As long as you don't drive like a maniac in bad weather you should be fine. but at least ABS is standard. right? right? I've yet to feel it.